"Photograph things you care about, not what you think others want to see. There is no substitution for passion." —Sarah Rice

― Architecture CritiqueDelayed In Denver

User avatar
St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Posts: 4300
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:02 am
Location: 35,000 feet
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Delayed In Denver

Post by St3v3M » Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:25 am

This is what happens when I have a long delay and the crowds are light. S-
Attachments
IMG_3130-1.jpg
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"

User avatar
Matt Quinn
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus
Posts: 2554
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:12 pm
Location: MD in winter: Cape Cod in summer
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images
Contact:

Post by Matt Quinn » Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:29 am

Been there but didn't do that. Thanks for the help with the login. Matt
Matt Quinn

"...approach the light as opposed to the subject." Stan Godwin

User avatar
St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Posts: 4300
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:02 am
Location: 35,000 feet
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by St3v3M » Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:41 am

Matt Quinn wrote:Been there but didn't do that. Thanks for the help with the login. Matt

Always! S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"

User avatar
minniev
Mentoris Magister
Mentoris Magister
Posts: 3712
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:55 am
Location: Mississippi
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by minniev » Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:23 am

St3v3M wrote:This is what happens when I have a long delay and the crowds are light. S-

Very nice way to prove that we can all find something meaningful to photograph wherever we find ourselves. The leading lines and vanishing point in the middle give this a bunch of impact, and convey the sense of zooming motion. I like the blues of the color palette you chose, contrasted with the small points of red. The mis-aligned lines in the People Mover provide a point of unrest and interruption, just enough to maintain interest. Well spotted/taken/presented.
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

User avatar
Mike D
Mentoris Initio
Mentoris Initio
Posts: 49
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:45 pm
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: Yes, you can edit but ask me first
Contact:

Post by Mike D » Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:45 am

That is one view that I have never seen and I've been in DIA more than a couple of times. :) Great perspective!

User avatar
Duck
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Posts: 2517
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:31 am
Location: Shelton, CT
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by Duck » Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:00 am

The angle of view feels almost unnerving. Good job at showing us a perspective not normally seen (unless you put on a bender prior to boarding) :lol:
"If you didn't learn something new today, you wasted a day."
Image ImageImageImageImage

User avatar
St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Posts: 4300
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:02 am
Location: 35,000 feet
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by St3v3M » Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:08 am

minniev wrote:Very nice way to prove that we can all find something meaningful to photograph wherever we find ourselves. The leading lines and vanishing point in the middle give this a bunch of impact, and convey the sense of zooming motion. I like the blues of the color palette you chose, contrasted with the small points of red. The mis-aligned lines in the People Mover provide a point of unrest and interruption, just enough to maintain interest. Well spotted/taken/presented.

My quest to learn to see and my curious mind are trouble sometimes, but this seemed to work and it was fun too, curious looks and all!

And thank you too for your analysis of the image, this helps me see through others eyes and know what they focus on. Thank you so much! S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"

User avatar
St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Posts: 4300
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:02 am
Location: 35,000 feet
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by St3v3M » Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:10 am

Mike D wrote:That is one view that I have never seen and I've been in DIA more than a couple of times. :) Great perspective!

Thank you so much! The Denver Airport is an amazing place to take photos if your not in a rush. This is one of many! S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"

User avatar
St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Posts: 4300
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:02 am
Location: 35,000 feet
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by St3v3M » Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:12 am

Duck wrote:The angle of view feels almost unnerving. Good job at showing us a perspective not normally seen (unless you put on a bender prior to boarding) :lol:

The lines at the bottom remind me of those hypnotic optical illusions and the blurred focus doesn't help. Thank you so much! S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"

User avatar
Duck
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Posts: 2517
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:31 am
Location: Shelton, CT
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by Duck » Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:46 am

St3v3M wrote:... and the blurred focus doesn't help. Thank you so much! S-

I would disagree. All the action is in the background and since that is the area of sharp focus that's where the eye goes. Had the foreground been in sharper focus it would have made it a little more confusing, I feel. The out of focus foreground doesn't bother me as there is nothing of real interest there anyway.
"If you didn't learn something new today, you wasted a day."
Image ImageImageImageImage

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest