"One day you are a signature, next day you are an autograph." —Billy Wilder

― Architecture CritiqueIndustry

User avatar
St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Posts: 4328
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:02 am
Location: 35,000 feet
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Re: Industry

Post by St3v3M » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:55 am

I'm really in love with this one and the processing you've added to it. What a difference there is with the haze removal in the jpg versus the raw too.

I was wondering what this might look like on glass then I read something you wrote and thought I'd try something. It wasn't needed, but I'm curious.

I wonder if you notice the change and if you like it? S-
Attachments
1 P1040286.jpg
Original
1 P1040286.jpg (325.93 KiB) Viewed 486 times
1 P1040286-1.jpg
Modification
1 P1040286-1.jpg (333.88 KiB) Viewed 486 times
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"

User avatar
LindaShorey
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus
Posts: 1398
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:50 am
Location: Yakima, WA
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by LindaShorey » Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:00 pm

St3v3M wrote:I'm really in love with this one and the processing you've added to it. What a difference there is with the haze removal in the jpg versus the raw too.

I was wondering what this might look like on glass then I read something you wrote and thought I'd try something. It wasn't needed, but I'm curious.

I wonder if you notice the change and if you like it? S-


I see a bit more detail in shadows. Looks good, Steve, thanks! I didn't apply haze removal at any point, did you? :)
"What's important in a photograph and what isn't." http://photographylife.com/whats-import ... -what-isnt

User avatar
Matt Quinn
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus
Posts: 2625
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:12 pm
Location: MD in winter: Cape Cod in summer
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images
Contact:

Post by Matt Quinn » Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:21 pm

LindaShorey wrote:Shot yesterday morning; the light is what caught my eye :) Minnie's industrial topic was also in my mind, however, so now I'm working out where I can best shoot this subject to contrast it against the pretty farming community in which it resides. Inspiration from fellow forum members, priceless!

Kronos Micronutrients manufactures zinc sulfate fertilizers in liquid and dry formulations. The company’s products are used in crop fertilization and animal feed.


Linda,

"Two roads diverged..." When I saw the tracks diverge at the top of the image, I thought of Frost's poem. The tracks serve here as a superb metaphor for the two "cultures" of farming and industry, joining and separating, nature and the hand of man, putting in and taking out, sun piercing man-made clouds...on and on. Grandly done. For that reason, I appreciate seeing the two images, sooc, i.e., nature, and your edit, i.e., hand of woman. A marvelous meditation and a rich contemplation. Thank you. Matt
Matt Quinn

"...approach the light as opposed to the subject." Stan Godwin

User avatar
St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Posts: 4328
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:02 am
Location: 35,000 feet
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by St3v3M » Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:40 pm

LindaShorey wrote:I see a bit more detail in shadows. Looks good, Steve, thanks! I didn't apply haze removal at any point, did you? :)

I was thinking about what you said about not working the Tone Curve and thought I'd give something I learned a try.
- Open the Tone Curve and grab the top-right White Point then drag it left or down
- Do the same with the bottom-left Black Point dragging along the edges to taste
- You are basically crushing and clipping the points giving it a different look

I like yours better but hope it helps! S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"

User avatar
LindaShorey
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus
Posts: 1398
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:50 am
Location: Yakima, WA
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by LindaShorey » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:54 pm

Matt Quinn wrote:Linda,

"Two roads diverged..." When I saw the tracks diverge at the top of the image, I thought of Frost's poem. The tracks serve here as a superb metaphor for the two "cultures" of farming and industry, joining and separating, nature and the hand of man, putting in and taking out, sun piercing man-made clouds...on and on. Grandly done. For that reason, I appreciate seeing the two images, sooc, i.e., nature, and your edit, i.e., hand of woman. A marvelous meditation and a rich contemplation. Thank you. Matt


Thank you for your very lyrical and lovely commentary, Matt. Greatly appreciated!
"What's important in a photograph and what isn't." http://photographylife.com/whats-import ... -what-isnt

User avatar
LindaShorey
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus
Posts: 1398
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:50 am
Location: Yakima, WA
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by LindaShorey » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:54 pm

St3v3M wrote:
LindaShorey wrote:I see a bit more detail in shadows. Looks good, Steve, thanks! I didn't apply haze removal at any point, did you? :)

I was thinking about what you said about not working the Tone Curve and thought I'd give something I learned a try.
- Open the Tone Curve and grab the top-right White Point then drag it left or down
- Do the same with the bottom-left Black Point dragging along the edges to taste
- You are basically crushing and clipping the points giving it a different look

I like yours better but hope it helps! S-



Thanks very much for the tip!
"What's important in a photograph and what isn't." http://photographylife.com/whats-import ... -what-isnt

User avatar
St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Posts: 4328
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:02 am
Location: 35,000 feet
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by St3v3M » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:13 pm

LindaShorey wrote:Thanks very much for the tip!

Always! S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest