― Architecture CritiqueTwo more in the rain

LindaShorey
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Two more in the rain

Post by LindaShorey » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:55 pm

In #2 I added the woman walker from another of my shots that morning. I see now she probably needs to be a bit more blurry; is that your assessment, as well? I loved her neon-striped shoes, so may keep those sharper. Feedback regarding either shot, or both, suggestions and edits - all welcomed!
Attachments
1 P1040157.jpg
1 P1040157.jpg (710.75 KiB) Viewed 806 times
1 P1040077.jpg
1 P1040077.jpg (677.16 KiB) Viewed 806 times
"What's important in a photograph and what isn't." http://photographylife.com/whats-import ... -what-isnt

PietFrancke
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus
Social Media Opt-In: Yes

Post by PietFrancke » Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:07 pm

I like the idea of the second shot very much. I like how the drops add depth and mood. I like how each drop captures the colors of what is behind it. Yeah she needs to be fogged in a little more or something, I like the composition and idea of this a lot.

LindaShorey
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus

Post by LindaShorey » Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:12 pm

PietFrancke wrote:I like the idea of the second shot very much. I like how the drops add depth and mood. I like how each drop captures the colors of what is behind it. Yeah she needs to be fogged in a little more or something, I like the composition and idea of this a lot.

Thank you, Piet! I'm excited about further possibilities with that one. Shot through the driver's side window of my car when still quite dark out.
"What's important in a photograph and what isn't." http://photographylife.com/whats-import ... -what-isnt

Charles Haacker
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Post by Charles Haacker » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:38 pm

I like these both very much. I think your walker may (may) need just a little more blur, but pretty subtle, and I agree that somehow the shoes have to stay. (OK)
Friends call me Chuck. :photo: This link takes you to my Flickr albums. Please click on any album to scroll through it.
(I prefer to present pictures in albums because I can put them in specific order.)

All the great photographers use cameras! No, really. :|

Matt Quinn
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus

Post by Matt Quinn » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:08 pm

LindaShorey wrote:In #2 I added the woman walker from another of my shots that morning. I see now she probably needs to be a bit more blurry; is that your assessment, as well? I loved her neon-striped shoes, so may keep those sharper. Feedback regarding either shot, or both, suggestions and edits - all welcomed!

I love #2 but don't think you need to blur the walker but rather tone down the luminance on her. My guess. Matt
Matt Quinn

"...approach the light as opposed to the subject." Stan Godwin

LindaShorey
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus

Post by LindaShorey » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:53 pm

Matt and Chuck, thanks so much for your feedback. I had originally taken my lady from an edited shot, decided might be best to cut her out of the original. So the changes are probably more about brightness than blur. The below, like the first in this thread, has a dose of Topaz Simplify watercolor, though this version has a bit higher percentage (70).

I've decided to also post my lady when I first caught her on the street - more accurately, she caught me 'cause I didn't see her coming 'til nearly too late :)

Thanks again everyone!
Attachments
1 P1040077 new edit.jpg
1 P1040077 new edit.jpg (715.55 KiB) Viewed 789 times
1 P1040169.jpg
1 P1040169.jpg (568.46 KiB) Viewed 789 times

Graham Smith
Mentoris Grandis
Mentoris Grandis

Post by Graham Smith » Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:51 pm

Linda, I far prefer this last image in your post. The woman is moving through the image which is something I like very much. Also the band of red seems to help her movement through the frame. The only thing I wonder about is cropping from the left to the first window mullion, and if you had a little more in front of her that would work really well. I must add that I do like it as is.

Edit: I almost forgot, burn in the bright mullions just a touch.
Graham

LindaShorey
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus

Post by LindaShorey » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:00 pm

Graham Smith wrote:Linda, I far prefer this last image in your post. The woman is moving through the image which is something I like very much. Also the band of red seems to help her movement through the frame. The only thing I wonder about is cropping from the left to the first window mullion, and if you had a little more in front of her that would work really well. I must add that I do like it as is.

Edit: I almost forgot, burn in the bright mullions just a touch.

Thank you, Graham! I very much appreciate your suggestions and interest. I don't have any more in the frame to the right (did you see that it goes to the half bit of purple flowers? I often don't see an OP's full image initially because I have screen enlarged in order to be able to read the text at a comfortable size).

She practically photo-bombed my shot of the store window and I only had about 1/2 second to capture her - come to think of it that's similar to the four legged mammals I photograph :D (oh, and I created much of the foreground from the existing walkway as it originally was showing the interior of my car - lol)

Once I had time to examine the single pic I got of her, I liked the details: her sandals, her earbud (of songs? Inspirational messages? Books on tape?) leading down to her pocket, her hands hidden in long sleeves. I could probably get more interested in street photography if there were more people around here than critters :D

St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Social Media Opt-In: Yes

Post by St3v3M » Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:42 am

Graham Smith wrote:Linda, I far prefer this last image in your post. The woman is moving through the image which is something I like very much. Also the band of red seems to help her movement through the frame. ...

I'm in agreement with this! S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"

LindaShorey
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus

Post by LindaShorey » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:25 pm

St3v3M wrote:
Graham Smith wrote:Linda, I far prefer this last image in your post. The woman is moving through the image which is something I like very much. Also the band of red seems to help her movement through the frame. ...

I'm in agreement with this! S-

Thanks for scrolling far enough to find my original walker, Steve :D