"Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can." —Arthur Ashe

― Architecture CritiqueFrom the outside looking in, from the inside looking out

Images of man-made structures; buildings, bridges, statues, roads and architectural elements like windows and doors, stairs, etc.
LindaShorey
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Re: From the outside looking in, from the inside looking out

Postby LindaShorey » Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:53 pm

Matt Quinn wrote:Hi, Linda. Lovely shots. I tend to side with Chuck on the fence in #1; it keeps pulling my eye down. What would be lost to crop out the top windows and the rail? Would it make the scene more intimate and cozy? The partial covering of the Open sign is a great inclusion as is, without the effort to move left to get the full spelling. And #2 is perfect for me as is; wonderful contrast and opposition between the clear circles of drops and the fuzzy telephone and power lines. Easy for the eye to go back and forth between them. "Oh, the weather outside is frightful...." Well done. Matt

Thanks for your detailed feedback, Matt. Much appreciated! I've come to really enjoy your articulate viewpoint. sensitivity and the bit of humor that often peeks through :D I tried a couple of crops but couldn't come up with a satisfactory alternative to #1. I think it's one of those that have a different story for the viewer than the photographer and I respect and appreciate that. Thank you again!
"What's important in a photograph and what isn't." http://photographylife.com/whats-import ... -what-isnt

Matt Quinn
Mentoris Quartus
Mentoris Quartus
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Re: From the outside looking in, from the inside looking out

Postby Matt Quinn » Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:42 pm

You're welcome. Matt
Matt Quinn

"One should really use the camera as though tomorrow you'd be stricken blind." Dorothea Lange

Return to “― Architecture Critique”