“It is better to inspire than direct." —Sheryl Sandberg

Critic's CornerFort Gaines Part 3

Our man-made structures are works of marvel and awe. Buildings, homes, bridges, airports and structures of all kinds can be posted here.
- Images are subject to constructive comment, discussion and critique. If you do not want critique post in the Member's Showcase.
St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Re: Fort Gaines Part 3

Postby St3v3M » Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:17 am

When I first look at the first I didn't like it, something about the green tint I suppose, but the more I look the more it feels historic, timeless.

The second is amazing for all there is to look at, and I'm sure I haven't seen half of it all yet. I especially like the real world-used look.

I could say I could pass on the third, but am intrigued by what I suspect is a manhole cover in the middle of the floor. What was it used for?

This is a wonderful addition to your series and a tribute to how well you were able to overcome the obstacles presented there.

Thank you so much for adding these! S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"

minniev
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus

Postby minniev » Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:27 pm

St3v3M wrote:When I first look at the first I didn't like it, something about the green tint I suppose, but the more I look the more it feels historic, timeless.

The second is amazing for all there is to look at, and I'm sure I haven't seen half of it all yet. I especially like the real world-used look.

I could say I could pass on the third, but am intrigued by what I suspect is a manhole cover in the middle of the floor. What was it used for?

This is a wonderful addition to your series and a tribute to how well you were able to overcome the obstacles presented there.

Thank you so much for adding these! S-

Thanks Steve. You always have such a sharp eye for things I miss - the greenish tint is there, though mild, and is supposed to feel old, whether it achieves that or not :D I have no idea what the manhole cover is hiding but I assume, like in New Orleans, that it has to do with drainage since standing water is such a problem in these low lying areas that get swamped often.

The smithy was my favorite too, with all those tools and the glowing coals.
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Postby St3v3M » Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:08 am

minniev wrote:Thanks Steve. You always have such a sharp eye for things I miss - the greenish tint is there, though mild, and is supposed to feel old, whether it achieves that or not :D I have no idea what the manhole cover is hiding but I assume, like in New Orleans, that it has to do with drainage since standing water is such a problem in these low lying areas that get swamped often.

The smithy was my favorite too, with all those tools and the glowing coals.

It's a wonderful set and looks like an amazing experience! S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"

Return to “City Skylines & Architecture”