"Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can." —Arthur Ashe

― Architecture CritiqueMansion at Batsto

Images of man-made structures; buildings, bridges, statues, roads and architectural elements like windows and doors, stairs, etc.
ErichBrunner
Mentoris Validus
Mentoris Validus
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, you can edit but ask me first

Re: Mansion at Batsto

Postby ErichBrunner » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:47 pm

davechinn wrote:
ErichBrunner wrote:I've shot this mansion before and never came up with anything that I really liked. Today, I happened to be there right as the sun was coming up. Since it was very early, I had the place to myself and could take my time looking for good angles to shoot this mansion from. Also, the light was really in my favor this morning. Suggestions for improvement are always welcome.

I have no suggestions other than maybe a little bit more foreground. Other that that, I like the image and your chosen processing. I concur with whats already been said, but I also think the image stands on its own with what you already have. Nice work Erich !!! Isn't nice to be able to wander around without any interference or distractions from others?
Dave

Thank you, Dave, for the endorsement. I did re-work the image along the lines of the suggestions I received. I'm not convinced it came out better. I'm not trying to be stubborn about the original version. For now, I'll stick with what I had. Having said that, the practice of trying to come up with more than one appealing processed image is always worth the effort.
Erich

Psjunkie
Mentoris Sextus
Mentoris Sextus
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Postby Psjunkie » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:12 am

I think it is a well composed image presented how you intended...I could see this going further closer to Halloween.....spooky comes to mind..

ErichBrunner
Mentoris Validus
Mentoris Validus
Editing option: Yes, you can edit but ask me first

Postby ErichBrunner » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:47 pm

Psjunkie wrote:I think it is a well composed image presented how you intended...I could see this going further closer to Halloween.....spooky comes to mind..

It does have that Haunted Mansion look to it. Might be fun. Thanks for taking a look.
Erich

St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Postby St3v3M » Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:32 am

ErichBrunner wrote:I've shot this mansion before and never came up with anything that I really liked. Today, I happened to be there right as the sun was coming up. Since it was very early, I had the place to myself and could take my time looking for good angles to shoot this mansion from. Also, the light was really in my favor this morning. Suggestions for improvement are always welcome.

The Batsto Mansion

Viewed as-is this has a dreamy quality to it, but once clicked on changes to somewhere near magical. The light is amazing and those clouds make the image, but the composition and processing are the icing on the cake. If anything I would agree that a few 'human' touches like opening the light a bit and maybe adding a nightlight to one of the windows would add that extra something. The image as-is doesn't need these, but if it's this far you might as well take it all the way. S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"

Return to “― Architecture Critique”