"Don't sit down and wait for the opportunities to come. Get up and make them." —Madam C.J. Walker

― Architecture CritiqueSome dimensions are square....physicists take note!

Didereaux
Mentoris Sextus
Mentoris Sextus
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Some dimensions are square....physicists take note!

Post by Didereaux » Tue May 02, 2017 12:38 pm

Taken in the Wichita Mtns. OK
Sometimes you find yourself looking out through the frame.
There are no banal subjects in photography, but an infinite number of banal ways to illustrate them.

St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Post by St3v3M » Wed May 10, 2017 1:49 am

Didereaux wrote:Taken in the Wichita Mtns. OK

Having run across old cabins similar to this I have to wonder what you saw in the image to want to shoot in. Was it part of a documentary or something else?

And is it me, does the depth of field distort some of the rocks on the frame? It doesn't take away from the image but makes me curious of course. S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"

Didereaux
Mentoris Sextus
Mentoris Sextus

Post by Didereaux » Wed May 10, 2017 1:46 pm

St3v3M wrote:
Didereaux wrote:Taken in the Wichita Mtns. OK

Having run across old cabins similar to this I have to wonder what you saw in the image to want to shoot in. Was it part of a documentary or something else?

And is it me, does the depth of field distort some of the rocks on the frame? It doesn't take away from the image but makes me curious of course. S-

One of several old rock houses and bunkhouses on the Wichita Mts refuge in OK. Gov bought some of the huge ranches that went belly up in the 1930's, about 100,000 acres or so and made this refuge out of them Many MAny other featuures. As time and spirit moves I will post some. It is also the site of the 'Holy City of the Wichitas'...Google that one!

What caught my eye was the window within a window illusion that made the interior one actually look more like a very realistic painting hung on the wall..
There are no banal subjects in photography, but an infinite number of banal ways to illustrate them.

St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Post by St3v3M » Wed May 10, 2017 5:11 pm

Didereaux wrote:One of several old rock houses and bunkhouses on the Wichita Mts refuge in OK. Gov bought some of the huge ranches that went belly up in the 1930's, about 100,000 acres or so and made this refuge out of them Many MAny other featuures. As time and spirit moves I will post some. It is also the site of the 'Holy City of the Wichitas'...Google that one!

What caught my eye was the window within a window illusion that made the interior one actually look more like a very realistic painting hung on the wall..

I love learning new things so today I got a twofer - I learned what made you shoot this and a little more! S-
- Holy City of the Wichitas http://www.atlasobscura.com/places/holy ... e-wichitas
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"