"Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can." —Arthur Ashe

Places CritiqueConcentric

Location images not considered 'scapes; landmarks, towns and cities, parks, vacation locations, your house
Bob Yankle
Mentoris Peritus
Mentoris Peritus
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: Yes, you can edit but ask me first

Concentric

Postby Bob Yankle » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:52 pm

An outdoor stage in a small town with folks who enjoy a touch of artfulness. I became entranced with the lines as they diverged into the background.
Attachments
Concentric.jpg

St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Re: Concentric

Postby St3v3M » Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:19 am

Bob Yankle wrote:An outdoor stage in a small town with folks who enjoy a touch of artfulness. I became entranced with the lines as they diverged into the background.

I like this and I don't, I think it's the processing but am not sure. I'll need to come back to this and look at it again. S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"

minniev
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Postby minniev » Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:23 pm

Bob Yankle wrote:An outdoor stage in a small town with folks who enjoy a touch of artfulness. I became entranced with the lines as they diverged into the background.

The subject is super fascinating and I would be forced to try to photograph it. I am not sure this is its most effective angle, and it would benefit from one of Bob's Special Processing methods that strike awe into those of us who cannot fathom which you might be doing to get the looks you get. I think some approach that emphasizes the geometry and downplays the other surroundings might showcase the lines that caused you to take note, and make us want more from it. Did you take any shots straight on? I'm curious how those might make up, too. Let's keep talking about this one, the possibilities are too enchanting to let it go.
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

Bob Yankle
Mentoris Peritus
Mentoris Peritus
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: Yes, you can edit but ask me first

Postby Bob Yankle » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:06 pm

minniev wrote:

The subject is super fascinating and I would be forced to try to photograph it. I am not sure this is its most effective angle, and it would benefit from one of Bob's Special Processing methods that strike awe into those of us who cannot fathom which you might be doing to get the looks you get. I think some approach that emphasizes the geometry and downplays the other surroundings might showcase the lines that caused you to take note, and make us want more from it. Did you take any shots straight on? I'm curious how those might make up, too. Let's keep talking about this one, the possibilities are too enchanting to let it go.
This was the same photo shoot ...... I was using a Canon 16-35mm L series wide angle lens, trying to see what all I could encompass into a single scene. This one emphasizes the lines a bit more.
Attachments
Concentric_OriginalSketch.jpg

Return to “Places Critique”