Page 2 of 2

Re: Pachyderm

Posted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:19 am
by Charles Haacker
Duck wrote:By request I am posting an edit of Bob's image made to look more like an elephant.
Hope you like the results.

That is just simply an amazing job! (OK) :win:

Re: Pachyderm

Posted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:14 pm
by PietFrancke
Duck wrote:By request I am posting an edit of Bob's image made to look more like an elephant.
Pachyderm.jpg

All editing was done in Photoshop using layers and a few blending modes. I have labeled all the layers and appended the labels with hints as to what was done. I also did some judicious dodging and clone stamping in and around the eye and some areas of the lower jaw and ear with some constructive liquify around the mouth.
Pachyderm_BTS.jpg

Hope you like the results.


Damn! thank you for showing screen shots too. The tusk and trunk can stand to be squeezed/stretched a little perhaps, but I don't want to quibble. You have shown us what a play dough playground we have at our fingertips.

And Kudos to you Duck and to Bob for making me want to go take a walk into the woods - to Find the Elephant!

Re: Pachyderm

Posted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:36 pm
by Duck
PietFrancke wrote:[...] The tusk and trunk can stand to be squeezed/stretched a little perhaps, but I don't want to quibble. [...]

True, but only if I really wanted to make it more elephant-like. I opted to keep the tree part as close to original as possible and just add the "elephant" parts, if that makes sense. Of course the editing is all subjective and everyone will, "add salt to taste". :thumbup:

Re: Pachyderm

Posted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:42 pm
by PietFrancke
Duck wrote:
PietFrancke wrote:[...] The tusk and trunk can stand to be squeezed/stretched a little perhaps, but I don't want to quibble. [...]

True, but only if I really wanted to make it more elephant-like. I opted to keep the tree part as close to original as possible and just add the "elephant" parts, if that makes sense. Of course the editing is all subjective and everyone will, "add salt to taste". :thumbup:


I understand your thinking, the counterpoint would have been to be more subtle with the elephant details, but shape the wood perfectly (since it was the shape that first caught the attention). I need some free time, but will have to take a stab at it to see if my eye balls agree with my mouth!!! :devil:

Re: Pachyderm

Posted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:10 pm
by uuglypher
Bob Yankle wrote:Does anyone else see Hannibal's war-elephant here?

Good eye, Bob,
To my eye it appears more more akin to a mastodon, quite antedating Hannibal’s use of the modern elephant.
I’ve long thought that trees, like clouds, can offer fanciful visions to the receptive eye.

Dave

Re: Pachyderm

Posted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:34 pm
by Bob Yankle
uuglypher wrote:
Bob Yankle wrote:Does anyone else see Hannibal's war-elephant here?

Good eye, Bob,
To my eye it appears more more akin to a mastodon, quite antedating Hannibal’s use of the modern elephant.
I’ve long thought that trees, like clouds, can offer fanciful visions to the receptive eye.

Dave
Yep, I can see the Mastodon as well.