"Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can." —Arthur Ashe

Animals ShowcaseWings and backlighting

Images containing animals of any type; mammals, reptiles, amphibians, birds, fish, insects
User avatar
WingShooter
Mentoris Validus
Mentoris Validus
Posts: 86
Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:39 pm
Reputation: 13
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, you can edit but ask me first
Contact:

Re: Wings and backlighting

Postby WingShooter » Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:23 pm

Thanks Duck for the welcome and comment

Duck wrote:Fantastic image, worthy of publication in a nature magazine for sure.

Welcome to photoMENTORIS, by the way. :)

User avatar
uuglypher
Mentoris Alumnus
Mentoris Alumnus
Posts: 240
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:57 pm
Reputation: 20
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images
Contact:

Re: Wings and backlighting

Postby uuglypher » Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:43 am

The back-lighting IS the impact. Great image with no luck involved. Just the perfectly lit moment captured by a fully prepared and skilled photographer.

Dave

User avatar
WingShooter
Mentoris Validus
Mentoris Validus
Posts: 86
Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:39 pm
Reputation: 13
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, you can edit but ask me first
Contact:

Re: Wings and backlighting

Postby WingShooter » Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:08 pm

Thanks Dave for those kind words.

Thanks Dave for those kind words
uuglypher wrote:The back-lighting IS the impact. Great image with no luck involved. Just the perfectly lit moment captured by a fully prepared and skilled photographer.

Dave

User avatar
St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Posts: 2548
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:02 am
Reputation: 102
Location: 35,000 feet
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Re: Wings and backlighting

Postby St3v3M » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:44 am

WingShooter wrote:Experimenting with light angle to get back lighting on the wings.

I loved the pM Facebook post but this is one you have to open in a new tab to really enjoy it. Wow! S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"

User avatar
WingShooter
Mentoris Validus
Mentoris Validus
Posts: 86
Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:39 pm
Reputation: 13
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, you can edit but ask me first
Contact:

Re: Wings and backlighting

Postby WingShooter » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:19 pm

Thanks Steve, I wish I could get some better weather this summer in Louisiana with this being one of the wettest, windiest and hottest with the heat index. Just standing behind the camera eye piece I sweat buckets in seconds.
The full sun is needed for the action shots and you need rubber boots to keep your feet dry. I only can stay out about a 20 to 30 minutes and I am wet head to toe with sweat. I have to heat the camera and lens with a hair dryer
to stop the sweating before I walk the door.


St3v3M wrote:
WingShooter wrote:Experimenting with light angle to get back lighting on the wings.

I loved the pM Facebook post but this is one you have to open in a new tab to really enjoy it. Wow! S-

User avatar
St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Posts: 2548
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:02 am
Reputation: 102
Location: 35,000 feet
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Re: Wings and backlighting

Postby St3v3M » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:49 pm

WingShooter wrote:Thanks Steve, I wish I could get some better weather this summer in Louisiana with this being one of the wettest, windiest and hottest with the heat index. Just standing behind the camera eye piece I sweat buckets in seconds.
The full sun is needed for the action shots and you need rubber boots to keep your feet dry. I only can stay out about a 20 to 30 minutes and I am wet head to toe with sweat. I have to heat the camera and lens with a hair dryer
to stop the sweating before I walk the door.

Well, that sounds...enjoyable... Stay dry, but do share when you can! S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"


Return to “Animals Showcase”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests