"Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can." —Arthur Ashe

Animals Showcasearound the house

Images containing animals of any type; mammals, reptiles, amphibians, birds, fish, insects
uuglypher
Mentoris Alumnus
Mentoris Alumnus
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Re: around the house

Postby uuglypher » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:56 am

PietFrancke wrote:I see this dragonfly almost every dayhunter1.jpg
hunter2.jpg

father cardinal is ignoring his offspring but soon turns around and brings some seed
cards.jpg

Papa cardinal is being importuned for food by his unintentionally adopted cowbird fledgling! The cowbird ls a "nest parasite". They lay their eggs in the nest of other species and let them hatch and be raised by a variety of foster parents. (They must be wired differently re: parental/social imprinting)

Dave

PietFrancke
Mentoris Centurion
Mentoris Centurion
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Re: around the house

Postby PietFrancke » Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:49 pm

uuglypher wrote:
PietFrancke wrote:I see this dragonfly almost every dayhunter1.jpg
hunter2.jpg

father cardinal is ignoring his offspring but soon turns around and brings some seed
cards.jpg

Papa cardinal is being importuned for food by his unintentionally adopted cowbird fledgling! The cowbird ls a "nest parasite". They lay their eggs in the nest of other species and let them hatch and be raised by a variety of foster parents. (They must be wired differently re: parental/social imprinting)

Dave

yeah, efficient as all get out. I wonder if the cowbird now thinks he is a cardinal and is more likely to lay eggs in cardinal nests...

Return to “Animals Showcase”