― Architecture ShowcaseTortilla Flat, Arizona

rmalarz
Mentoris Dux
Mentoris Dux
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Re: Tortilla Flat, Arizona

Post by rmalarz » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:32 pm

Hi, Charles. Yup, you have remembered quite well. Yes, I'm still using film, but now process it in a Jobo, have for a few years now. I still get my fingers wet, though. 8-)

Yes, Duck had a photo or two of his studio set up and has his digital mounted to a view camera. I'd like to do that, but it would cost me a fortune. I'm looking for another Graphic so I can use the back to adapt my digital to it. It's much more doable if I get another back than to have someone make me another back. With a spare back, I just need a flat plate drilled to accept an adapter onto which I could put my digital. That would be a smokin' set up.
--Bob
Charles Haacker wrote:
rmalarz wrote:Thank you very much, Charles. The squared up appearance is thanks to the swings and tilts provided by the view camera I used for this photograph.
--Bob

Of course! I keep forgetting that you still use a view camera, a 4x5 Graphic View II if I recall (I still have mine). Are you using film or have you a digital back? I myself could never go back to film, but I have great respect for folks who do. I think Duck has adapted his view to accept his full-frame DSLR.
There is no CTRL-Z in the wet.

Charles Haacker
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus

Post by Charles Haacker » Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:37 am

rmalarz wrote:Hi, Charles. Yup, you have remembered quite well. Yes, I'm still using film, but now process it in a Jobo, have for a few years now. I still get my fingers wet, though. 8-)

Yes, Duck had a photo or two of his studio set up and has his digital mounted to a view camera. I'd like to do that, but it would cost me a fortune. I'm looking for another Graphic so I can use the back to adapt my digital to it. It's much more doable if I get another back than to have someone make me another back. With a spare back, I just need a flat plate drilled to accept an adapter onto which I could put my digital. That would be a smokin' set up.
--Bob

I'm not sure, and you may have already thought of this and maybe it wouldn't work anyway, and right now my cameras are in deep storage so I can't look (I also have a Pacemaker Speed Graphic), but it seems to me that the back end of a 4x5 Crown or Speed Graphic might be adaptable. My recollection is that many of the parts seemed interchangeable, particularly the back end. Someone might be selling a non-working one with no lens for parts?
Friends call me Chuck. :photo: This link takes you to my Flickr albums. Please click on any album to scroll through it.
(I prefer to present pictures in albums because I can put them in specific order.)

All the great photographers use cameras! No, really. :|

rmalarz
Mentoris Dux
Mentoris Dux

Post by rmalarz » Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:26 am

Charles, thank you very much for the thought and mentioning this. I have a Crown 4x5, as well as the Graphic View Camera. The back of the Graphic is quite unique. I'll take a photo of it and email it to you through this site. You'll see how simple it would be to get a plate with an adapter and put it on another back. Unfortunately, most of the parts are not interchangeable. The back springs are, and that's all I know are for a fact. Oh, the ground glass might be as well.
--Bob
Charles Haacker wrote:
rmalarz wrote:Hi, Charles. Yup, you have remembered quite well. Yes, I'm still using film, but now process it in a Jobo, have for a few years now. I still get my fingers wet, though. 8-)

--Bob

I'm not sure, and you may have already thought of this and maybe it wouldn't work anyway, and right now my cameras are in deep storage so I can't look (I also have a Pacemaker Speed Graphic), but it seems to me that the back end of a 4x5 Crown or Speed Graphic might be adaptable. My recollection is that many of the parts seemed interchangeable, particularly the back end. Someone might be selling a non-working one with no lens for parts?
There is no CTRL-Z in the wet.

St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Post by St3v3M » Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:16 pm

rmalarz wrote:--Bob

This is a peep-show you keep coming back to looking see more. Speaking of peeping, it looks like you have a friend in the window! S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"