Page 1 of 2

Old or new?

Posted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:36 pm
by Didereaux
The 'Keller House' Colville, WA Built circa 1908 t even cntains the brides piano, bedroom suite (birds eye maple). Worth the cost of the tour....it's free. ;)

Image

or
Image

Re: Old or new?

Posted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:51 am
by tsilva
Nice shot Monte! I think I prefer the color one. The toned one just doesn't "feel" right to me for some reason. Perhaps a more true b&w with a slight vignette? I am just not sure...

Thanks for posting, I would bet it would make a very interesting place to explore.

Tony

Re: Old or new?

Posted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:17 am
by Didereaux
tsilva wrote:Nice shot Monte! I think I prefer the color one. The toned one just doesn't "feel" right to me for some reason. Perhaps a more true b&w with a slight vignette? I am just not sure...

Thanks for posting, I would bet it would make a very interesting place to explore.

Tony


I'll play with the 'antiquing' of the House. A little more about the site; It also has a very nice Museum on the property with one of the best collections of Pacific NW indian artifacts outside of the Smithsonian. Also the brides old 50's Jaguar is on display in the worksop area behind the house, and the Forest Service lookout is on the property as well. Stone sculptures are to be found in the formal garden area. You could easily spend a full day there taking shots. Not much advertized which is a puzzle, but then again Colvillians aren't ones to toot horns. :clap:

added some grain and vignette to it.
Image

Re: Old or new?

Posted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:17 pm
by TomCofer
Nice shot. I prefer the color version still.

Re: Old or new?

Posted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:59 pm
by Didereaux
TomCofer wrote:Nice shot. I prefer the color version still.



I agree. I really don't need 'old' photos. If I want old all I have to do is look in a mirror. :rofl:

Re: Old or new?

Posted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:31 pm
by tsilva
Didereaux wrote:
TomCofer wrote:Nice shot. I prefer the color version still.



I agree. I really don't need 'old' photos. If I want old all I have to do is look in a mirror. :rofl:


Then you shouldn't have any problems seeing how your photo should look! :lol:

I do like the second version better of the "old" ones, still lean towards the color version as better.

Thanks for playing today, you have been a lovely contestant. 8):

Tony

Re: Old or new?

Posted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:39 pm
by Didereaux
tsilva wrote:
Didereaux wrote:
TomCofer wrote:Nice shot. I prefer the color version still.



I agree. I really don't need 'old' photos. If I want old all I have to do is look in a mirror. :rofl:


Then you shouldn't have any problems seeing how your photo should look! :lol:

I do like the second version better of the "old" ones, still lean towards the color version as better.

Thanks for playing today, you have been a lovely contestant. 8):

Tony


Thank you Monty! I think I will go with door number 3. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Re: Old or new?

Posted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:48 pm
by tsilva
Didereaux wrote:
Thank you Monty! I think I will go with door number 3. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:


Before we show you what's behind #3, Jay is bringing the tray down with a box. JAY WATCH OUT FOR THAT... Oooh Well you now know that the box had a dozen eggs in it. Do you want the broken eggs or stick with door #3?

Re: Old or new?

Posted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:08 pm
by Didereaux
tsilva wrote:
Didereaux wrote:
Thank you Monty! I think I will go with door number 3. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:


Before we show you what's behind #3, Jay is bringing the tray down with a box. JAY WATCH OUT FOR THAT... Oooh Well you now know that the box had a dozen eggs in it. Do you want the broken eggs or stick with door #3?


I am now preetty certain what is behind #3, so I will take the broken eggs. Afterall you only have to scramble them once, whereas you have to milk a dam goat everyday.

Re: Old or new?

Posted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:09 pm
by tsilva
Didereaux wrote:
tsilva wrote:
Didereaux wrote:
Thank you Monty! I think I will go with door number 3. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:


Before we show you what's behind #3, Jay is bringing the tray down with a box. JAY WATCH OUT FOR THAT... Oooh Well you now know that the box had a dozen eggs in it. Do you want the broken eggs or stick with door #3?


I am now preetty certain what is behind #3, so I will take the broken eggs. Afterall you only have to scramble them once, whereas you have to milk a dam goat everyday.


Very good, while Jay is scraping your eggs off the floor let's open the door on #3 and see what you passed on. While you are partially correct that it is a "goat", you passed on a fully restored 1966 Pontiac GTO!

Better luck next time!