Welcome new members. If you have been recently invited to join our forum, welcome.
Please take a few minutes to introduce yourself at The Meeting Room / General Discussions / Introduce yourself

― Architecture ShowcaseThe Official 'Murder' house thread

Images of man-made structures; buildings, bridges, statues, roads and architectural elements like windows and doors, stairs, etc.
Didereaux
Mentoris Sextus
Mentoris Sextus
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

The Official 'Murder' house thread

Post by Didereaux »

Here's my thoughts. One of the most stand out features of old Victorian era houses, even beyond the ginger bread' is a turret. Years ago my son ask me why those old houses had those towers? I told him that was so mystery writers would have a place to hold murders, and suicides. Henceforth in this family they are referred to as 'Murder Houses. My hope is that others take some photos of these old places and we get many, many examples of them.

They are fairly rare in my neck of the woods, so here is one of the better ones I have been able to locate. You folks up north have no shortage of them.

The Davison house in Texas City, TX
There are no banal subjects in photography, but an infinite number of banal ways to illustrate them.

tsilva
Mentoris Alumnus
Mentoris Alumnus
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Post by tsilva »

nice shot!

you should have shot it on a dark and dreary night with a full moon peaking through some clouds and lightning in the background.

Tony
Tony Silva - Photography Enthusiast

Didereaux
Mentoris Sextus
Mentoris Sextus

Post by Didereaux »

tsilva wrote:nice shot!

you should have shot it on a dark and dreary night with a full moon peaking through some clouds and lightning in the background.

Tony

Too scary! lol I Have thought of that but no good opportunity has come up yet.
There are no banal subjects in photography, but an infinite number of banal ways to illustrate them.

TomCofer
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Post by TomCofer »

Nice shot
Redneck Enthusiast Photographer on a shoestring budget.

thcofer@charter.net

Failure means you tried. Success means you need to set higher goals for yourself.