Welcome new members. If you have been recently invited to join our forum, welcome.
Please take a few minutes to introduce yourself at The Meeting Room / General Discussions / Introduce yourself

― Architecture ShowcaseWhen I think “bleak”....

Images of man-made structures; buildings, bridges, statues, roads and architectural elements like windows and doors, stairs, etc.
uuglypher
Mentoris Tribunus
Mentoris Tribunus
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

When I think “bleak”....

Post by uuglypher »

....this is the image in my archive that comes to mind.
Any others to offer?
Dave
9F6209E3-BC0D-433A-9B8B-FD8C4975CE59.jpeg

uuglypher
Mentoris Tribunus
Mentoris Tribunus

Post by uuglypher »

uuglypher wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:45 pm
Any others to offer?
Dave9F6209E3-BC0D-433A-9B8B-FD8C4975CE59.jpeg
I should add that I have acute awareness that, at one time, this was someone’s place of promise!
Dave

minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Post by minniev »

uuglypher wrote:
Any others to offer?
Yes, and I love the bleak look, and the reminders of what once was. Other than an animal, nothing will make me pull off the road quicker than the sight of a dessicated old structure like this, so I have a whole collection of them. There are so many stories in these old structures, and so much exquisite detail and indeed such much to be learned from studying them.

And of course, on a personal note, I have taken ownership of my grandparents’ 1905 homestead, which was in only slightly better condition than your subject here, and spent every penny I had saving it. My current and most interesting pandemic project is to seek placement on the National Register of Historic Places for it. I’ve made it through the state vetting process and have their official nomination, so now I’m working on the application paperwork, which is quite an experience.
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

uuglypher
Mentoris Tribunus
Mentoris Tribunus

Post by uuglypher »

minniev wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:20 pm
uuglypher wrote:
Any others to offer?
Yes, and I love the bleak look, and the reminders of what once was. Other than an animal, nothing will make me pull off the road quicker than the sight of a dessicated old structure like this, so I have a whole collection of them. There are so many stories in these old structures, and so much exquisite detail and indeed such much to be learned from studying them.

And of course, on a personal note, I have taken ownership of my grandparents’ 1905 homestead, which was in only slightly better condition than your subject here, and spent every penny I had saving it. My current and most interesting pandemic project is to seek placement on the National Register of Historic Places for it. I’ve made it through the state vetting process and have their official nomination, so now I’m working on the application paperwork, which is quite an experience.
Thanks,Min,
I love your report on restoring your family’s homestead and the continuing process of gaining placement in the historic place registry!
I’m sure I’m not alone in hoping to see some images !!

Best regards,
Dave