“It is better to inspire than direct." —Sheryl Sandberg

Member's ShowcaseThe Long Road To...

A genre in itself, street and journalistic photography embrace many disciplines.
- Candid shots, street portraits, newsworthy editorials or just the raw nature of the human experience.
ErichBrunner
Mentoris Validus
Mentoris Validus
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, you can edit but ask me first

Re: The Long Road To...

Postby ErichBrunner » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:22 pm

rmalarz wrote:--Bob

Interesting that I was slightly disappointed in Minnie's Street shot with the girl on the bike because she was not looking at us. Here I think the fact that the person is walking away and not toward us gives the photo a slightly forlorn feeling. The fact that it is night time amplifies this feeling.
Erich

rmalarz
Mentoris Centurion
Mentoris Centurion
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Postby rmalarz » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:26 pm

Erich, as discussed earlier, there was a definite forlorn feeling watching this person, who I suspect was homeless, walking along, alone on a darkened street, selectively illuminated by the lights of the city. Thanks for taking a look and joining the conversation.
--Bob
ErichBrunner wrote:

Interesting that I was slightly disappointed in Minnie's Street shot with the girl on the bike because she was not looking at us. Here I think the fact that the person is walking away and not toward us gives the photo a slightly forlorn feeling. The fact that it is night time amplifies this feeling.
Erich
There is no CTRL-Z in the wet.

St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Postby St3v3M » Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:28 am

I like this image, for all the right reasons of course, like the composition, mood, processing, tension, etc. but I also like for all the small stories it holds. Crop it the bottom of the top square and it's moodier, crop from the bottom up and it changes it even more. There are so many stories here and they're all important!

I have to ask, is there a bit of vertical banding on the left? S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"

Return to “Street & Photojournalism”