"Every moment and every event of every man's life on earth plants something in his soul." —Thomas Merton

People ShowcaseSimon the Spoon Player

User avatar
Graham Smith
Mentoris Grandis
Mentoris Grandis
Posts: 266
Joined: Mon May 01, 2017 3:13 pm
Location: Chatteris, Cambridgeshire, UK
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images
Contact:

Simon the Spoon Player

Post by Graham Smith » Tue May 02, 2017 5:34 pm

This is my first post on here but I do feel as though I'm amongst old friends.
_DSC4602-copy.jpg
_DSC4601-b.jpg
Graham

User avatar
LindaShorey
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus
Posts: 1398
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:50 am
Location: Yakima, WA
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by LindaShorey » Tue May 02, 2017 5:52 pm

Graham, you're looking very dapper in your avatar :) Simon appears to very much enjoy being the subject of your photography. #2 is full of wonderful details, so much expression and all those lines of life experiences. Were these your first images of him, or did you know him previously? He appears to be very comfortable with you.
"What's important in a photograph and what isn't." http://photographylife.com/whats-import ... -what-isnt

User avatar
Ceropegia
Mentoris Sextus
Mentoris Sextus
Posts: 651
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:06 pm
Location: Appalachian Foothills of Northeast Alabama
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, you can edit but ask me first
Contact:

Post by Ceropegia » Tue May 02, 2017 6:00 pm

I love these! Simon is so infectiously exuberant, he put a big smile on my face. He looks to be quite the character. You have captured his essence well. By the way, welcome to PM!

User avatar
Charles Haacker
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus
Posts: 1841
Joined: Mon May 01, 2017 7:20 pm
Location: Lincoln, Nebraska, USA
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images
Contact:

Post by Charles Haacker » Tue May 02, 2017 6:04 pm

Graham Smith wrote:This is my first post on here but I do feel as though I'm amongst old friends.

Hi Graham! And you certainly are amongst old friends! I just got here yesterday. :thumbup: :clap:
Friends call me Chuck. :photo: This link takes you to my Flickr albums. Please click on any album to scroll through it.
(I prefer to present pictures in albums because I can put them in specific order.)

All the great photographers use cameras! No, really. :|

User avatar
minniev
Mentoris Magister
Mentoris Magister
Posts: 3671
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:55 am
Location: Mississippi
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by minniev » Tue May 02, 2017 6:28 pm

You feel among friends because you are among friends, as is Simon, with all his enthusiasm and all that expression in his eyes, so well captured and presented - joy, sorrow, tenderness, pain, resilience. A magical series. Welcome, Graham.
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

User avatar
Didereaux
Mentoris Sextus
Mentoris Sextus
Posts: 639
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:37 pm
Location: swamps of East Texas
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by Didereaux » Tue May 02, 2017 7:03 pm

Nice intro Graham! Excellent shots! Neato subject. ;)

Some of the Hippies that survived their Gilbert Chemistry sets have turned into extremely 'unique' characters....and then some of us just made the character rung. ;)
There are no banal subjects in photography, but an infinite number of banal ways to illustrate them.

User avatar
Graham Smith
Mentoris Grandis
Mentoris Grandis
Posts: 266
Joined: Mon May 01, 2017 3:13 pm
Location: Chatteris, Cambridgeshire, UK
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images
Contact:

Post by Graham Smith » Tue May 02, 2017 7:12 pm

LindaShorey wrote:Graham, you're looking very dapper in your avatar :) Simon appears to very much enjoy being the subject of your photography. #2 is full of wonderful details, so much expression and all those lines of life experiences. Were these your first images of him, or did you know him previously? He appears to be very comfortable with you.


Hello Linda, this was the first time I had encountered Simon, he is like me in that he loves to chat so it was all very easy.

PS: You have to look smart on your first day :)
Graham

User avatar
Graham Smith
Mentoris Grandis
Mentoris Grandis
Posts: 266
Joined: Mon May 01, 2017 3:13 pm
Location: Chatteris, Cambridgeshire, UK
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images
Contact:

Post by Graham Smith » Tue May 02, 2017 8:17 pm

Ceropegia wrote:I love these! Simon is so infectiously exuberant, he put a big smile on my face. He looks to be quite the character. You have captured his essence well. By the way, welcome to PM!


Thank you for the welcome Martha :)
Graham

User avatar
Graham Smith
Mentoris Grandis
Mentoris Grandis
Posts: 266
Joined: Mon May 01, 2017 3:13 pm
Location: Chatteris, Cambridgeshire, UK
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images
Contact:

Post by Graham Smith » Tue May 02, 2017 8:22 pm

Charles Haacker wrote:
Graham Smith wrote:This is my first post on here but I do feel as though I'm amongst old friends.

Hi Graham! And you certainly are amongst old friends! I just got here yesterday. :thumbup: :clap:


It is really good to see you here Chuck :thumbup:
Graham

User avatar
Graham Smith
Mentoris Grandis
Mentoris Grandis
Posts: 266
Joined: Mon May 01, 2017 3:13 pm
Location: Chatteris, Cambridgeshire, UK
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images
Contact:

Post by Graham Smith » Tue May 02, 2017 8:25 pm

Didereaux wrote:Nice intro Graham! Excellent shots! Neato subject. ;)

Some of the Hippies that survived their Gilbert Chemistry sets have turned into extremely 'unique' characters....and then some of us just made the character rung. ;)


Thank you for the warm welcome Didereaux, I feel part of the place already. :)
Graham

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests