Welcome new members. If you have been recently invited to join our forum, welcome.
Please take a few minutes to introduce yourself at The Meeting / Room General Discussions / Introduce yourself
Waiting On An Update - The Reply Error Message Is An Annoyance, But The Site Still Works

Places CritiqueTern Tern Tern - Back at the Dam

minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Tern Tern Tern - Back at the Dam

Post by minniev » Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:55 pm

Here's a couple of pictures from earlier this week. The winter visitor terns have come back, and I hope their return is a sign the egrets and herons may follow as they often do. Tell me if either of these has interest. Feel free to play with them or suggest a creative/artistic way to go somewhere else with them.
Attachments
tern  tern tern (1 of 1).jpg
tern  tern tern (1 of 1)-2.jpg
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

PietFrancke
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus

Post by PietFrancke » Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:02 pm

I am liking the drama of the B/W

Psjunkie
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus
Social Media Opt-In: No

Post by Psjunkie » Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:23 pm

I like them both but you know I'm a b/w kinda guy...the color almost seems like a bit of an optical illusion for me...the rainbow area seem like a mirror or window or something.

minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus

Post by minniev » Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:03 pm

PietFrancke wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:02 pm
I am liking the drama of the B/W
Thanks for your thoughts Piet. I’m trying to think up something creative so if you get an idea tell me!

minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus

Post by minniev » Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:05 pm

Psjunkie wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:23 pm
I like them both but you know I'm a b/w kinda guy...the color almost seems like a bit of an optical illusion for me...the rainbow area seem like a mirror or window or something.
Thanks Frank. I do understand about the dam how, it is surreal in real life. When conditions are right, it boils up out of the water like a genie out of a lamp. It sways with the water like it’s dancing. It’s very weird.

Karen
Mentoris Initio
Mentoris Initio
Editing option: Yes, you can edit but ask me first

Post by Karen » Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:21 pm

minniev wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:55 pm
Here's a couple of pictures from earlier this week. The winter visitor terns have come back, and I hope their return is a sign the egrets and herons may follow as they often do. Tell me if either of these has interest. Feel free to play with them or suggest a creative/artistic way to go somewhere else with them.
minniev! For me, the intense energy of the b&w is an incredible experience that I can’t get enough of. I cropped off the lower third-ish so that I could stay focused on the frenetic action of the birds against the roaring rush of water. My eyes darted all over the image, again and again. I literally became/felt the swoosh-cut-dive-lift-zip excitement!!!!! Thank you! It was fun!!!

minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus

Post by minniev » Thu Dec 19, 2019 4:12 pm

Karen wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:21 pm
minniev wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:55 pm
minniev! For me, the intense energy of the b&w is an incredible experience that I can’t get enough of. I cropped off the lower third-ish so that I could stay focused on the frenetic action of the birds against the roaring rush of water. My eyes darted all over the image, again and again. I literally became/felt the swoosh-cut-dive-lift-zip excitement!!!!! Thank you! It was fun!!!
Thanks Karen. I think you’re right that I can/should crop out some of the water at the bottom. The frenzied bird action above is what I liked best in the scene.