Welcome new members. If you have been recently invited to join our forum, welcome.
Please take a few minutes to introduce yourself at The Meeting Room / General Discussions / Introduce yourself

Places Critique'Anchors Aweigh'

Location images not considered 'scapes; landmarks, towns and cities, parks, vacation locations, your house
davechinn
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

'Anchors Aweigh'

Post by davechinn »

Approximately 6:30 A.M. in Wiscasset, Maine, Minnie and I headed out for an early photo shoot with our first series of photos being this huge anchor placed next to The Taste of Maine Restaurant. This restaurant has a 70 feet long and 12 feet high lobster on the roof.They have named him Larry the Lobster. I have no clue as to why I didn't capture a shot of the rooftop lobster.If anyone cares to see Larry, here is a link for your viewing. https://www.onlyinyourstate.com/maine/e ... s-food-me/ Either way, this post is about the anchor rather than Larry the lobster.

The anchor image was taken just prior to or at sunrise which seems to have created a dramatic scene. We did have some lighting help from the car headlights, but I'm not totally convinced they were needed. The lights were never turned off, so we will never know. Comments, thoughts & feedback would be greatly appreciated. Maybe Minnie will post some of her's as well. Maybe she has some of Larry on the rooftop?
Attachments
'Anchors Aweigh'
'Anchors Aweigh'

Psjunkie
Mentoris Legatus
Mentoris Legatus
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Post by Psjunkie »

Overall I like the image Dave...when carefully viewed the light from the headlights is noticeable..whether that's good or bad who's to say......I do think a tad of toning down on the anchor resting pad and anchor point might improve....

davechinn
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Post by davechinn »

Good point to tone down the resting pad, Frank. Thanks !!!

minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus

Post by minniev »

davechinn wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:28 pm
Approximately 6:30 A.M. in Wiscasset, Maine, Minnie and I headed out for an early photo shoot with our first series of photos being this huge anchor placed next to The Taste of Maine Restaurant. This restaurant has a 70 feet long and 12 feet high lobster on the roof.They have named him Larry the Lobster. I have no clue as to why I didn't capture a shot of the rooftop lobster.If anyone cares to see Larry, here is a link for your viewing. https://www.onlyinyourstate.com/maine/e ... s-food-me/ Either way, this post is about the anchor rather than Larry the lobster.

The anchor image was taken just prior to or at sunrise which seems to have created a dramatic scene. We did have some lighting help from the car headlights, but I'm not totally convinced they were needed. The lights were never turned off, so we will never know. Comments, thoughts & feedback would be greatly appreciated. Maybe Minnie will post some of her's as well. Maybe she has some of Larry on the rooftop?
Well I took no photos of the giant lobster either. Not sure why, it would be an interesting component! I’ll add one of my efforts with the anchor, which will be both similar and different...

This one is nice. The colors were great that morning!
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

PietFrancke
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus

Post by PietFrancke »

nice, heavy, iconic. The sun sets off the iron. The iron sets off the sun - they belong together.

minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus

Post by minniev »

Here's my version, shot a little before Dave's while the sun was more orange than magenta. It was a very lurid sunrise.
Attachments
anchor (1 of 1).jpg

Psjunkie
Mentoris Legatus
Mentoris Legatus
Social Media Opt-In: No

Post by Psjunkie »

both nice images....I will confess it is probably a good thing y'all had the headlights.......or both might have been silhouettes.

minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus

Post by minniev »

Psjunkie wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:51 am
both nice images....I will confess it is probably a good thing y'all had the headlights.......or both might have been silhouettes.
Thanks Frank. Yes, the headlights gave us a little to work with. Of course I didn't bring the flash...