Welcome new members. If you have been recently invited to join our forum, welcome.
Please take a few minutes to introduce yourself at The Meeting / Room General Discussions / Introduce yourself
Waiting On An Update - The Reply Error Message Is An Annoyance, But The Site Still Works

Places CritiqueTrap Day Draws To A Close - Crew of the Chris

Post Reply
User avatar
minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus
Posts: 5660
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:55 am
Location: Mississippi
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Trap Day Draws To A Close - Crew of the Chris

Post by minniev » Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:31 pm

Overheard the sternman as they dragged the little boat in, "we oughta hook up these ducks and make them pull it".
Attachments
stormy trap day (1 of 1).jpg
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

User avatar
Psjunkie
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus
Posts: 2867
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:20 am
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by Psjunkie » Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:00 am

Really like the clouds in this one....as for critique I'm find myself lost for subject swirling toward the drain in the kitchen sink.....some kind of crop may enhance..or not

User avatar
minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus
Posts: 5660
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:55 am
Location: Mississippi
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by minniev » Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:34 pm

Psjunkie wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:00 am
Really like the clouds in this one....as for critique I'm find myself lost for subject swirling toward the drain in the kitchen sink.....some kind of crop may enhance..or not
It is the kitchen sink, Monhegan style.

I got some closer, but you know me... I like the whole sinkful.
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

User avatar
PietFrancke
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus
Posts: 2247
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:38 pm
Location: WV
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by PietFrancke » Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:52 pm

like this one a lot! Where there ducks around? Or is that a word they use for visitors?

User avatar
minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus
Posts: 5660
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:55 am
Location: Mississippi
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by minniev » Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:52 pm

PietFrancke wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:52 pm
like this one a lot! Where there ducks around? Or is that a word they use for visitors?
The ducks are right in front of the lobster guys. Yeah, they're small, like everything else :D

Glad you like it.

One reason I love Monhegan is that it is one huge kitchen sink. Centuries of clutter everywhere you look.
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

User avatar
PietFrancke
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus
Posts: 2247
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:38 pm
Location: WV
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by PietFrancke » Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:48 am

minniev wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:52 pm
PietFrancke wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:52 pm
like this one a lot! Where there ducks around? Or is that a word they use for visitors?
The ducks are right in front of the lobster guys. Yeah, they're small, like everything else :D

Glad you like it.

One reason I love Monhegan is that it is one huge kitchen sink. Centuries of clutter everywhere you look.
I see them now, they aren't That Small... LOL, just didn't see them.

User avatar
davechinn
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus
Posts: 2023
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:01 pm
Location: Ky
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images
Contact:

Post by davechinn » Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:56 pm

Absolutely, I didn't hear him saying it, but I do remember you telling me what he said. Should have brought my hearing aids along.
https://www.davechinn.com/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/35722922@N02/albums

Don’t shoot what it looks like. Shoot what it feels like.
David Alan Harvey

User avatar
minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus
Posts: 5660
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:55 am
Location: Mississippi
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by minniev » Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:35 pm

davechinn wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:56 pm
Absolutely, I didn't hear him saying it, but I do remember you telling me what he said. Should have brought my hearing aids along.
Actually, he said "We need to hook up these xxxxing ducks..." but, well...
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest