It saddens me to forward the news that our good friend and fellow photographer, Matt Quinn, has passed.
As some of you may know, he had been battling cancer for a while and was on his way to recovery.
Please take a moment to remember him in your prayers.
"Sometimes imagination is no more than randomness applied." —Piet Francke

Places Critique'Ridin' on the City of New Orleans'

Post Reply
User avatar
davechinn
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus
Posts: 1715
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:01 pm
Location: Ky
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images
Contact:

'Ridin' on the City of New Orleans'

Post by davechinn » Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:50 am

This is a B&W slideshow I put together to the music/song by Arlo Guthrie - City of New Orleans. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KU9Q7zA81I I tried to place images to the slideshow in relation to the lyrics, https://www.google.com/search?q=lyrics+ ... e&ie=UTF-8 but not a 100% success. There are repeat images, not so much to my liking, but since I haven't put one of these together in several years, I'll settle, for now.
Dave
http://www.davechinn.com/

Don’t shoot what it looks like. Shoot what it feels like.
David Alan Harvey

User avatar
Psjunkie
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus
Posts: 2079
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:20 am
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by Psjunkie » Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:26 pm

Great job Dave...enjoyed it very much...wonderful images.

User avatar
minniev
Mentoris Imperator
Mentoris Imperator
Posts: 4343
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:55 am
Location: Mississippi
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by minniev » Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:15 pm

davechinn wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:50 am
This is a B&W slideshow I put together to the music/song by Arlo Guthrie - City of New Orleans. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KU9Q7zA81I I tried to place images to the slideshow in relation to the lyrics, https://www.google.com/search?q=lyrics+ ... e&ie=UTF-8 but not a 100% success. There are repeat images, not so much to my liking, but since I haven't put one of these together in several years, I'll settle, for now.
Dave
I love it! You've artfully woven the street characters, local citizenry and tourists and even the dead folks into the streetcar narrative and told a story of the city itself. I think it would be fine to have one redundant slide that appeared at intervals throughout to help "get us back on the train" so to speak. It serves a useful function.

I notice you sneaked a few of me into this thing, you tricky fellow!

Someday you'll have to ride the real City of New Orleans and do a slideshow sketch of that train! I've often thought of it, and have some photos along the way, but haven't done enough to make it yet. Maybe you'll inspire me. :)
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

User avatar
davechinn
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus
Posts: 1715
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:01 pm
Location: Ky
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images
Contact:

Post by davechinn » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:43 pm

Psjunkie wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:26 pm
Great job Dave...enjoyed it very much...wonderful images.

Thanks Frank, glad you enjoyed it.
Dave
http://www.davechinn.com/

Don’t shoot what it looks like. Shoot what it feels like.
David Alan Harvey

User avatar
davechinn
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus
Posts: 1715
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:01 pm
Location: Ky
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images
Contact:

Post by davechinn » Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:01 pm

minniev wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:15 pm
davechinn wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:50 am
This is a B&W slideshow I put together to the music/song by Arlo Guthrie - City of New Orleans. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KU9Q7zA81I I tried to place images to the slideshow in relation to the lyrics, https://www.google.com/search?q=lyrics+ ... e&ie=UTF-8 but not a 100% success. There are repeat images, not so much to my liking, but since I haven't put one of these together in several years, I'll settle, for now.
Dave
I love it! You've artfully woven the street characters, local citizenry and tourists and even the dead folks into the streetcar narrative and told a story of the city itself. I think it would be fine to have one redundant slide that appeared at intervals throughout to help "get us back on the train" so to speak. It serves a useful function.

I notice you sneaked a few of me into this thing, you tricky fellow!

Someday you'll have to ride the real City of New Orleans and do a slideshow sketch of that train! I've often thought of it, and have some photos along the way, but haven't done enough to make it yet. Maybe you'll inspire me. :)

Thanks Minnie !!! This project was obviously unplanned. I wish I had more images that would fit in with the lyrics, also some video footage would have helped as well. Trying to familiarize myself with Adobe Premiere is a task on its own, so this was/is a practice session. Then again, all projects are going to be practice, which is so much needed I may attempt something else. I just have to think it more through.

I would love to ride the real "City of New Orleans", and if I ever do, you know there will be an updated version. Hope this does inspire you to complete one and I'm sure it will be outstanding.
Dave
http://www.davechinn.com/

Don’t shoot what it looks like. Shoot what it feels like.
David Alan Harvey

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest