Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Re: A Forest Returns

Post by davechinn » Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:09 pm

minniev wrote:
Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:42 pm
When walking behind my new/old house there is a forest regrowing itself where the barnyard once was. Some old outbuildings still teeter in place and others have fallen into piles of rotten planking. I find rock and brick footings and other evidence to show me where things once were, but the forest is reclaiming this part of the farm. This little building is a favorite of the grandsons because it is hard for adults to enter but just right for little boys. I've tried to find a way to photograph and present it. I may try to persuade Jack to ride the hobby horse down there this weekend. Any tips about processing, composition, framing, all appreciated. I toned down the greens a bit, as they were so strong, "enhanced" the rays, and added a slight dusty texture to soften it and make it look a little more painterly.

Wonderful Minnie !!! Great colorful greens, starburst along with the sunray and the almost overgrown leading path line makes this an enjoyable view.
Dave
http://www.davechinn.com/

Don’t shoot what it looks like. Shoot what it feels like.
David Alan Harvey

minniev
Mentoris Imperator
Mentoris Imperator
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Post by minniev » Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:24 pm

davechinn wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:09 pm

Wonderful Minnie !!! Great colorful greens, starburst along with the sunray and the almost overgrown leading path line makes this an enjoyable view.
Dave
Thanks Dave. I have a lot of forest to practice with.
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Post by St3v3M » Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:59 pm

minniev wrote:
Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:42 pm
When walking behind my new/old house there is a forest regrowing itself where the barnyard once was. Some old outbuildings still teeter in place and others have fallen into piles of rotten planking. I find rock and brick footings and other evidence to show me where things once were, but the forest is reclaiming this part of the farm. This little building is a favorite of the grandsons because it is hard for adults to enter but just right for little boys. I've tried to find a way to photograph and present it. I may try to persuade Jack to ride the hobby horse down there this weekend. Any tips about processing, composition, framing, all appreciated. I toned down the greens a bit, as they were so strong, "enhanced" the rays, and added a slight dusty texture to soften it and make it look a little more painterly.
The sunbeam is amazing pointing you to the little path and back again.

I might crop the left to completely frame it with the tree, but otherwise I can't see a thing I'd want to change! S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"