"Don't sit down and wait for the opportunities to come. Get up and make them." —Madam C.J. Walker

Places CritiqueA Forest Returns

davechinn
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Re: A Forest Returns

Post by davechinn » Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:09 pm

minniev wrote:
Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:42 pm
When walking behind my new/old house there is a forest regrowing itself where the barnyard once was. Some old outbuildings still teeter in place and others have fallen into piles of rotten planking. I find rock and brick footings and other evidence to show me where things once were, but the forest is reclaiming this part of the farm. This little building is a favorite of the grandsons because it is hard for adults to enter but just right for little boys. I've tried to find a way to photograph and present it. I may try to persuade Jack to ride the hobby horse down there this weekend. Any tips about processing, composition, framing, all appreciated. I toned down the greens a bit, as they were so strong, "enhanced" the rays, and added a slight dusty texture to soften it and make it look a little more painterly.

Wonderful Minnie !!! Great colorful greens, starburst along with the sunray and the almost overgrown leading path line makes this an enjoyable view.
Dave

minniev
Mentoris Legatus
Mentoris Legatus
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Post by minniev » Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:24 pm

davechinn wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:09 pm

Wonderful Minnie !!! Great colorful greens, starburst along with the sunray and the almost overgrown leading path line makes this an enjoyable view.
Dave
Thanks Dave. I have a lot of forest to practice with.
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Post by St3v3M » Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:59 pm

minniev wrote:
Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:42 pm
When walking behind my new/old house there is a forest regrowing itself where the barnyard once was. Some old outbuildings still teeter in place and others have fallen into piles of rotten planking. I find rock and brick footings and other evidence to show me where things once were, but the forest is reclaiming this part of the farm. This little building is a favorite of the grandsons because it is hard for adults to enter but just right for little boys. I've tried to find a way to photograph and present it. I may try to persuade Jack to ride the hobby horse down there this weekend. Any tips about processing, composition, framing, all appreciated. I toned down the greens a bit, as they were so strong, "enhanced" the rays, and added a slight dusty texture to soften it and make it look a little more painterly.
The sunbeam is amazing pointing you to the little path and back again.

I might crop the left to completely frame it with the tree, but otherwise I can't see a thing I'd want to change! S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"