“It is better to inspire than direct." —Sheryl Sandberg

Critic's CornerCOMPOSITE - My 2 Cents Worth

Any subject is fair game as long as it's tone mapped. Landscapes, architecture, etc. Software discussion is encouraged.
- Images are subject to constructive comment, discussion and critique. If you do not want critique post in the Member's Showcase.
St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Re: COMPOSITE - My 2 Cents Worth

Postby St3v3M » Wed May 10, 2017 3:10 am

Charles Haacker wrote:
TomCofer wrote:Thanks folks.
I played a lot with the profile composite. They loved it, I liked it a lot. Still, I feel like it isn't quite "right" but haven't figured out why.

May I offer a suggestion? IF anything at all is "wrong," it may be the relative distance of the little boy, who seems further back from his mom than his mom is from her mom. My suggestion would be to slightly increase the relative distance of Mom from Mom so they are visually balanced, kind of like the way computer fonts automatically space the various letters so they look balanced.

I'm glad you brought this up and wonder if they should be even closer to one another. I would love to see a revamp of this with your suggestions! S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"

St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Postby St3v3M » Wed May 10, 2017 3:11 am

TomCofer wrote:
Charles Haacker wrote:
TomCofer wrote:Thanks folks.
I played a lot with the profile composite. They loved it, I liked it a lot. Still, I feel like it isn't quite "right" but haven't figured out why.

May I offer a suggestion? IF anything at all is "wrong," it may be the relative distance of the little boy, who seems further back from his mom than his mom is from her mom. My suggestion would be to slightly increase the relative distance of Mom from Mom so they are visually balanced, kind of like the way computer fonts automatically space the various letters so they look balanced.

Hmmm, that may be a good part of it. I think another part that I battled with is how to align the faces, what part do I have on the same horizontal plane, eyes, chins, ... Nothing seemed quite right.

Instinct says to align their eyes, but I wold try the eyes, then the nose, and maybe something in-between. You'll find it!

And thank you again for posting here. Feel free to post revisions if you like! S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"

TomCofer
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Postby TomCofer » Thu May 11, 2017 6:46 am

Thanks Folks.
Redneck Enthusiast Photographer on a shoestring budget.

thcofer@charter.net

Failure means you tried. Success means you need to set higher goals for yourself.

Return to “HDR - High Dynamic Range”