Welcome new members. If you have been recently invited to join our forum, welcome.
Please take a few minutes to introduce yourself at The Meeting / Room General Discussions / Introduce yourself
“Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.” ― Pablo Picasso

― Scapes ShowcaseSunrise, Holmes Lake, Lincoln, Nebraska

Charles Haacker
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Sunrise, Holmes Lake, Lincoln, Nebraska

Post by Charles Haacker » Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:27 pm

I was back in the hospital again, three days, extreme respiratory distress owing to a cold going to bronchitis to maybe pew-monia. It was fun (/S). I did manage to get to heart rehab Friday so that's good. Found out there was to be a Freaky Friday the 13th Harvest Moon so I got up before dawn Saturday to get it setting.

But I got skunked. :oops:
DSC07829-Edit.FLICKR-2.jpg
The moon is there, probably just over the house on the opposite shore, but, um...
Friends call me Chuck. :photo: This link takes you to my Flickr albums. Please click on any album to scroll through it.
(I prefer to present pictures in albums because I can put them in specific order.)

All the great photographers use cameras! No, really. :|

minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Post by minniev » Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:26 pm

Charles Haacker wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:27 pm
I was back in the hospital again, three days, extreme respiratory distress owing to a cold going to bronchitis to maybe pew-monia. It was fun (/S). I did manage to get to heart rehab Friday so that's good. Found out there was to be a Freaky Friday the 13th Harvest Moon so I got up before dawn Saturday to get it setting.

The moon is there, probably just over the house on the opposite shore, but, um...
Sorry you were sick but glad you're well enough that they let you loose again! Wow what a sky! You got detail in those clouds to rival Bob Malarz! And great color too. The lone runner adds so much vitality to a beautiful scene. Very nicely done.
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

PietFrancke
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus

Post by PietFrancke » Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:02 pm

lots of depth, amazing sky - like the layers of sun and shadow.

Psjunkie
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus

Post by Psjunkie » Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:29 pm

nice cloud shot and agree with Piet about depth...

Karen
Mentoris Initio
Mentoris Initio
Editing option: Yes, you can edit but ask me first

Post by Karen » Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:05 pm

Charles Haacker wrote:

Hey Charles! Kick butt on that pew-monia crud, okay? I like this shot. My first emotion was awe at the expanse, then clouds, then color. I wanted to be there, something is happening, emerging yet peaceful and protected at the same time. My only nit pick is the runner’s legs. A pro told me to catch a leg extended forward for runners and walkers. It makes a visual difference in terms of what they are doing, and that their movement is intentional.

Charles Haacker
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Post by Charles Haacker » Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:47 pm

minniev wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:26 pm
Sorry you were sick but glad you're well enough that they let you loose again! Wow what a sky! You got detail in those clouds to rival Bob Malarz! And great color too. The lone runner adds so much vitality to a beautiful scene. Very nicely done.
Thanks, Min. This morning I am congested again and feeling asthma-y. Don't feel like doin' nuthin. :(
PietFrancke wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:02 pm
lots of depth, amazing sky - like the layers of sun and shadow.
Thanks, Piet
Psjunkie wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:29 pm
nice cloud shot and agree with Piet about depth...
Thanks PSJ!
Karen wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:05 pm
Hey Charles! Kick butt on that pew-monia crud, okay? I like this shot. My first emotion was awe at the expanse, then clouds, then color. I wanted to be there, something is happening, emerging yet peaceful and protected at the same time. My only nit pick is the runner’s legs. A pro told me to catch a leg extended forward for runners and walkers. It makes a visual difference in terms of what they are doing, and that their movement is intentional.
Thanks, Karen. i appreciate the comment. I didn't ask for critique (this is not a critique section, only a showcase), but I have to disagree with your Pro (and I am one, too, retired, but still...). The reason the runner is where he is is the composition. I am not big on "rules," they are guidelines really, but generally I want a human going into the frame. I wanted this guy right where he is, charging into frame close to the "suggestion of thirds" for the dynamic, and seeing him leaning well forward tells anyone he is intentionally running; his leg position is completely immaterial. It might be true of walkers, but runners are usually leaning in---you can't miss that they are running. (Y)
Friends call me Chuck. :photo: This link takes you to my Flickr albums. Please click on any album to scroll through it.
(I prefer to present pictures in albums because I can put them in specific order.)

All the great photographers use cameras! No, really. :|

Karen
Mentoris Initio
Mentoris Initio
Editing option: Yes, you can edit but ask me first

Post by Karen » Sat Sep 28, 2019 12:21 am

Thanks, Charles, for helping me with the rules and how to give better feedback when asked! I have lots to learn!