Welcome new members. If you have been recently invited to join our forum, welcome.
Please take a few minutes to introduce yourself at The Meeting / Room General Discussions / Introduce yourself
“Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.” ― Pablo Picasso

― Scapes Showcasethe sky is ink

PietFrancke
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

the sky is ink

Post by PietFrancke » Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:05 am

the air cold and clear
and the sky is ink tonight,
spilling blue and blood
InkSky.jpg

Psjunkie
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus
Social Media Opt-In: No

Post by Psjunkie » Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:17 am

Very nice Piet.....

PietFrancke
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus

Post by PietFrancke » Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:49 am

thanks Frank -

earlier in the day
we jumped in the black mud
and somehow kept clean
clean.jpg

Psjunkie
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus

Post by Psjunkie » Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:01 am

So that's an energetic shot....not intending grief but didn't you have a couple more of those beasts...chocolate and black Piet...my memory fades in and out

PietFrancke
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus

Post by PietFrancke » Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:14 am

Psjunkie wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:01 am
So that's an energetic shot....not intending grief but didn't you have a couple more of those beasts...chocolate and black Piet...my memory fades in and out
I lost the Chocholate a couple of years ago - I think I'm just starting to get over it, she was only five when she died. I'm trying to take more shots of these guys while I have them! I lost the Black a year earlier, but it was not a surprise, he was getting thirteen or fourteen or so and lived a good life. We bred those two dogs and got four pups. Three Yellows and one Black. My oldest daughter got the Black (Jack), my younger daughter got a Yellow (Elly), and my oldest daughter's best friend got the other Yellow (George).

I kept this one for me, we're good buds - now that the fly season is over, we walk two or three times every day!

Psjunkie
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus

Post by Psjunkie » Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:24 am

Good for you Piet..sorry to drag you thru it again......I grew up with various black labs but have been pet-less for close to fifteen years now..too much traveling

PietFrancke
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus

Post by PietFrancke » Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:33 am

Psjunkie wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:24 am
Good for you Piet..sorry to drag you thru it again......I grew up with various black labs but have been pet-less for close to fifteen years now..too much traveling
They are high energy dogs - When you are done traveling, you need another one. They bring a lot of happiness..

Hey, I spent twenty bucks at Udemy, and bought a drawing course - The Structure of Man - Learn To Draw the Human Figure From Your Mind. It is AWESOME!! Eighty some hours of instruction, and it is good stuff. Anatomy and drawing. I'm about 15 percent through... Learning bundles.
skull.jpg

minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus

Post by minniev » Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:35 pm

PietFrancke wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:33 am
Psjunkie wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:24 am
They are high energy dogs - When you are done traveling, you need another one. They bring a lot of happiness..

Hey, I spent twenty bucks at Udemy, and bought a drawing course - The Structure of Man - Learn To Draw the Human Figure From Your Mind. It is AWESOME!! Eighty some hours of instruction, and it is good stuff. Anatomy and drawing. I'm about 15 percent through... Learning bundles.

skull.jpg
Love the first image, it's darkly rich, and beautiful in its color and velvety blacks. The dog makes me smile, and makes me miss Toby. I still haven't been able to get my husband to let us get another, though it's been 3 years.

I'm jealous about the drawing course. I don't think there's a lot of hope for me, but perhaps... after the holidays which are consuming every minute of my time right now.
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

PietFrancke
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus

Post by PietFrancke » Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:09 pm

minniev wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:35 pm

... The dog makes me smile, and makes me miss Toby. I still haven't been able to get my husband to let us get another, though it's been 3 years.

I'm jealous about the drawing course. I don't think there's a lot of hope for me, but perhaps... after the holidays which are consuming every minute of my time right now.
Keep working on him... About hope - I think in the music world, Talent is a required key. But in the our Artistic world, it is Skill - which can be learned and practiced. I think in music, one must be able to hear. For our arts, one must be able to See. I wish to learn how to see!

PietFrancke
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus

Post by PietFrancke » Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:49 pm

minniev wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:35 pm
The dog makes me smile, and makes me miss Toby. I still haven't been able to get my husband to let us get another, though it's been 3 years.
also, it may be time to start dropping "not so subtle" hits. You could get a robovac and tape ears and a tail on it, and paint the name Roby on him.