Welcome new members. If you have been recently invited to join our forum, welcome.
Please take a few minutes to introduce yourself at The Meeting Room / General Discussions / Introduce yourself

― Scapes ShowcaseA visit to Wombat Bend.

Landscapes, cityscapes, skyscapes, seascapes, starscapes, panoramas
Onslow
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, you can edit but ask me first

A visit to Wombat Bend.

Post by Onslow »

In July 2014, I was lucky enough to visit Wombat Bend, Dixons Creek in Victoria, Australia. It is a beautiful place which takes one back to nature. The hosts are Bill Molyneux and Sue Forrester. They are a beautiful couple who go to great lengths to ensure you enjoy your stay. Bill and Sue both have a love of nature and animals and are very well known as well for their love of Airedales. They are both very active in Airedale Rescue internationally. Apart from their own home, they have a mudbrick and cedar cottage on their property called "The Burrow". They also have a small studio which is where I stayed for four idyllic nights.
"The Burrow at Wombat Bend" comes highly recomended for people visiting Australia. Very reasonable rates and an ambience that is all about relaxation.
The property was bought by them around 35 yrs ago as a bare cow paddock with no trees or Billabong. Over the yrs they have planted all of the trees as well as dug out the billabong. They encourage all wildlife there and it is a sanctuary for them. It is a magnificent vision which has now come to life for them.

1) A morning view in winter over the billabong. To the left is the studio where I stayed. In the centre is Bill and Sues home and to the right hidden behind the trees is "The Burrow".

2) Further around the billabong I found Bill playing with his two Airedales called Emma and Chilli.

3) A view of "The Studio" where I stayed. I had my Airedale Oscar stay with me as well. A beautiful rustic experience I hope to repeat next year. Look carefully and you can see "Woody" near the corner post. A wooden Airedale made from scrap timber found on the property.

4) This was the view I found every morning as I sat outside under the verandah of "The Studio". Having a cuppa on a cold brisk winter morning was a magical experience. My Oscar was running free which he thoroughly enjoyed.

5) Further around the Billabong from "The Studio" is this location. On the property there are over 100 species of birdlife. It's an ideal location for birders....

6) Bill was checking the health of the lagoon which he does on a regular basis. My Oscar was accompanying him as he paddled around. Oscar wasn't going in boats though. No way. Much better to smell all the smells on the ground.

7) This is an image of the hosts with Emma and Chilli. Behind them is "The Studio" .

jeffbanke
Mentoris Novus
Mentoris Novus
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Post by jeffbanke »

Looks like a great place to be ;-)

Bobby Deal
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Post by Bobby Deal »

Wow Onslow the wife and I have our bagfs packed, she says the studio will work perfectly for her.

Bobby Deal - Commercial Photographer

MY SMUGMUG GALLERIES

"The only photographer we ought compare ourselves to is the one we used to be"

PhotoMentoris- "A diverse artistic community dedicated to a culture of photographic education, sharing and creative tolerance"

Onslow
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Editing option: Yes, you can edit but ask me first

Post by Onslow »

jeffbanke wrote:Looks like a great place to be ;-)

It really was Jeff. A magical place.. :)

Bobby Deal wrote:Wow Onslow the wife and I have our bagfs packed, she says the studio will work perfectly for her.

It will indeed. Any person who needs a recharge to get the creative juices flowing again will thrive here. :) Bill and Sue are good friends and would look after you well...

TomCofer
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Post by TomCofer »

Very nice John. It looks like a beautiful and relaxing place.
Redneck Enthusiast Photographer on a shoestring budget.

thcofer@charter.net

Failure means you tried. Success means you need to set higher goals for yourself.