"Every moment and every event of every man's life on earth plants something in his soul." —Thomas Merton

― Scapes ShowcaseFeathers in the sand

User avatar
Matt Quinn
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus
Posts: 2522
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:12 pm
Location: MD in winter: Cape Cod in summer
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images
Contact:

Feathers in the sand

Post by Matt Quinn » Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:16 am

From this morning's walk on the beach, the first of summer '18.

Matt
Attachments
photoMentoris (3 of 3)-6.jpg
photoMentoris (2 of 3)-6.jpg
photoMentoris (1 of 3)-6.jpg
Matt Quinn

"...approach the light as opposed to the subject." Stan Godwin

User avatar
minniev
Mentoris Magister
Mentoris Magister
Posts: 3675
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:55 am
Location: Mississippi
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by minniev » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:32 pm

I like all of them. You've used the light well to highlight the feather, and best of all, you got close enough. The middle is my favorite because it has so much detail and also the contextual environment.

Reminds me of the feather in Forest Gump, and resonates for all the reasons that the movie never grows old.
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

User avatar
Matt Quinn
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus
Posts: 2522
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:12 pm
Location: MD in winter: Cape Cod in summer
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images
Contact:

Post by Matt Quinn » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:06 pm

minniev wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:32 pm
I like all of them. You've used the light well to highlight the feather, and best of all, you got close enough. The middle is my favorite because it has so much detail and also the contextual environment.

Reminds me of the feather in Forest Gump, and resonates for all the reasons that the movie never grows old.
Thanks Minnie. I am not happy with the shadow over the large stone but was not able to eliminate it. Also, the stone looks like it is shuddering. Matt
Matt Quinn

"...approach the light as opposed to the subject." Stan Godwin

User avatar
Psjunkie
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus
Posts: 1699
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:20 am
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by Psjunkie » Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:17 am

Don't know what's not to like...well done Matt

User avatar
Matt Quinn
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus
Posts: 2522
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:12 pm
Location: MD in winter: Cape Cod in summer
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images
Contact:

Post by Matt Quinn » Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:49 am

Psjunkie wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:17 am
Don't know what's not to like...well done Matt
Thanks. Matt
Matt Quinn

"...approach the light as opposed to the subject." Stan Godwin

User avatar
davechinn
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus
Posts: 1400
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:01 pm
Location: Ky
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images
Contact:

Post by davechinn » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:28 am

I'm with Minnie, Matt !!! Between the three I'm going with last one as a favorite.
Dave
http://www.davechinn.com/

Don’t shoot what it looks like. Shoot what it feels like.
David Alan Harvey

User avatar
Matt Quinn
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus
Posts: 2522
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:12 pm
Location: MD in winter: Cape Cod in summer
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images
Contact:

Post by Matt Quinn » Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:30 pm

davechinn wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:28 am
I'm with Minnie, Matt !!! Between the three I'm going with last one as a favorite.
Dave
Thanks Dave. More to come. Matt
Matt Quinn

"...approach the light as opposed to the subject." Stan Godwin

User avatar
St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Posts: 4297
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:02 am
Location: 35,000 feet
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by St3v3M » Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:09 pm

Matt Quinn wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:16 am
From this morning's walk on the beach, the first of summer '18.

Matt
Feathers in the sand, there's something spiritual here. I like the reflection in the water the most, so beautiful! S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"

User avatar
Matt Quinn
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus
Posts: 2522
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:12 pm
Location: MD in winter: Cape Cod in summer
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images
Contact:

Post by Matt Quinn » Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:00 pm

Thanks Steve. I really like these also; very symbolic/spiritual/poetic. I had to maneuver quickly because of the breeze. And, they did soon blow away. A message and a moral, I guess. Matt
Matt Quinn

"...approach the light as opposed to the subject." Stan Godwin

User avatar
St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Posts: 4297
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:02 am
Location: 35,000 feet
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by St3v3M » Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:01 pm

Matt Quinn wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:00 pm
Thanks Steve. I really like these also; very symbolic/spiritual/poetic. I had to maneuver quickly because of the breeze. And, they did soon blow away. A message and a moral, I guess. Matt
I was struggling to think of the word earlier, but poetic works well! S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests