"Don't sit down and wait for the opportunities to come. Get up and make them." —Madam C.J. Walker

― Scapes ShowcaseThe Same Old Thing

Post Reply
User avatar
minniev
Mentoris Legatus
Mentoris Legatus
Posts: 3211
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:55 am
Location: Mississippi
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

The Same Old Thing

Post by minniev » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:41 pm

My favorite pier at sunrise yesterday. The scene is the same, but the sunrise is always a little different/unique, like fingerprints.
Attachments
another (1 of 1).jpg
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

User avatar
Charles Haacker
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus
Posts: 1787
Joined: Mon May 01, 2017 7:20 pm
Location: Lincoln, Nebraska, USA
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images
Contact:

Post by Charles Haacker » Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:42 pm

Oh gosh-a-rooty (yes I really say that). I wanna walk out there and listen to the planks creak. (OK)
Friends call me Chuck. :photo: This link takes you to my Flickr albums. Please click on any album to scroll through it.
(I prefer to present pictures in albums because I can put them in specific order.)

All the great photographers use cameras! No, really. :|

User avatar
minniev
Mentoris Legatus
Mentoris Legatus
Posts: 3211
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:55 am
Location: Mississippi
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by minniev » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:19 pm

Charles Haacker wrote:Oh gosh-a-rooty (yes I really say that). I wanna walk out there and listen to the planks creak. (OK)

Glad you like the Same Old Thing, Chuck. The planks are wobbly, and they were very slippery that morning due to the heavy frost which you can see a bit of in the photo.
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

User avatar
Charles Haacker
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus
Posts: 1787
Joined: Mon May 01, 2017 7:20 pm
Location: Lincoln, Nebraska, USA
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images
Contact:

Post by Charles Haacker » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:23 pm

minniev wrote:Glad you like the Same Old Thing, Chuck. The planks are wobbly, and they were very slippery that morning due to the heavy frost which you can see a bit of in the photo.

Daphne once broke her ankle in three place on wet, icy wood! Slicker'n' ... :o
Friends call me Chuck. :photo: This link takes you to my Flickr albums. Please click on any album to scroll through it.
(I prefer to present pictures in albums because I can put them in specific order.)

All the great photographers use cameras! No, really. :|

User avatar
St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Posts: 4053
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:02 am
Location: 35,000 feet
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by St3v3M » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:05 am

minniev wrote:My favorite pier at sunrise yesterday. The scene is the same, but the sunrise is always a little different/unique, like fingerprints.

That sky is amazing and look how flat the water is. I'm right there with you! S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"

User avatar
minniev
Mentoris Legatus
Mentoris Legatus
Posts: 3211
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:55 am
Location: Mississippi
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by minniev » Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:57 pm

St3v3M wrote:
minniev wrote:My favorite pier at sunrise yesterday. The scene is the same, but the sunrise is always a little different/unique, like fingerprints.

That sky is amazing and look how flat the water is. I'm right there with you! S-


The sky looked marbled, and there was a faded contrail that looked like an arrow shot through it. So I had to try.
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest