"Whatever you do, be so good they can't ignore you." —Candy Crowley

― Scapes ShowcaseWe had snow this morning!

LindaShorey
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

We had snow this morning!

Post by LindaShorey » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:59 pm

It's too soon! Nobody's ready! And no, that gated community is not where I live :)
Attachments
1 P1040534 crop.jpg
1 P1040534 crop.jpg (859.06 KiB) Viewed 446 times
1 P1040554 crop clone.jpg
1 P1040554 crop clone.jpg (746.14 KiB) Viewed 446 times
1 P1040559.jpg
1 P1040559.jpg (532.43 KiB) Viewed 446 times
"What's important in a photograph and what isn't." http://photographylife.com/whats-import ... -what-isnt

minniev
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus
Social Media Opt-In: Yes

Post by minniev » Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:25 pm

Thanks for sharing with some of us who won't see snow! The first snow, when it settles on brilliant foliage, is the very best there is.
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

Matt Quinn
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Post by Matt Quinn » Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:04 pm

Really like the first, Linda. Wish I could get down that low. The birch trees seem to dance with their veils, and the leading fence line down to the burning bush (?) is a great contrast and delight for the eye amidst all that white. The harvested fields in the distance really round out a suburban/rural landscape photo; nothing encroaches. In the third photo, on the far right , I see a tiny Santa doll hidden for searching eyes. Very happy photos. Matt
Matt Quinn

"One should really use the camera as though tomorrow you'd be stricken blind." Dorothea Lange

Ernst-Ulrich Schafer
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Post by Ernst-Ulrich Schafer » Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:10 am

We received some here on the Olympic Peninsula on Sat & Sun, not much maybe a inch each day. I didn't get out with the camera. Really like that last image Linda.
Today is the Day, a New Day.

LindaShorey
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus

Post by LindaShorey » Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:35 am

minniev wrote:Thanks for sharing with some of us who won't see snow! The first snow, when it settles on brilliant foliage, is the very best there is.

Very pretty, but does get old fast :) All in all, I think I do prefer four seasons. Thanks Minnie!
"What's important in a photograph and what isn't." http://photographylife.com/whats-import ... -what-isnt

LindaShorey
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus

Post by LindaShorey » Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:38 am

Matt Quinn wrote:Really like the first, Linda. Wish I could get down that low. The birch trees seem to dance with their veils, and the leading fence line down to the burning bush (?) is a great contrast and delight for the eye amidst all that white. The harvested fields in the distance really round out a suburban/rural landscape photo; nothing encroaches. In the third photo, on the far right , I see a tiny Santa doll hidden for searching eyes. Very happy photos. Matt

Neat you enjoyed the glimpse of distance in #1, Matt. I think it's an orchard, though :| Too funny about the Santa doll; I think I see it! Regarding low angle, I have a rotating LCD on my Lumix, which is very handy; however, this was shot from the car and the lane rises up a bit. Appreciate your visit!

LindaShorey
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus

Post by LindaShorey » Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:39 am

Ernst-Ulrich Schafer wrote:We received some here on the Olympic Peninsula on Sat & Sun, not much maybe a inch each day. I didn't get out with the camera. Really like that last image Linda.

Thanks Ernst! I was watching Seahawks on tv this afternoon and noticed some spitting white stuff in Seattle.

davechinn
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus
Social Media Opt-In: Yes

Post by davechinn » Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:05 pm

LindaShorey wrote:It's too soon! Nobody's ready! And no, that gated community is not where I live :)

Oh my, is this a sign of what's to be expected this coming season? I love to see the snow, while I also love to see it go. All images have been beautifully done Linda. Thanks for an early reminder.
Dave

LindaShorey
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus

Post by LindaShorey » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:43 pm

davechinn wrote:Oh my, is this a sign of what's to be expected this coming season? I love to see the snow, while I also love to see it go. All images have been beautifully done Linda. Thanks for an early reminder.
Dave
I was hoping we'd get a pass this year after all the ice, sleet, cold and snow Yakima received last year. Days on end of just overcast and fog can be depressing, but not as much as falling and breaking a wrist! I'm very glad you enjoyed the photos, Dave. Thanks for your time, and hope your upcoming season has "just enough" for your tastes :)

Charles Haacker
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus

Post by Charles Haacker » Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:15 am

All three are lovely, but what is that white stuff? :x
Friends call me Chuck. :photo: This link takes you to my Flickr albums. Please click on any album to scroll through it.
(I prefer to present pictures in albums because I can put them in specific order.)

All the great photographers use cameras! No, really. :|