"Whatever you do, be so good they can't ignore you." —Candy Crowley

― Scapes ShowcaseLast of the foggy cow pasture that I'll share :)

LindaShorey
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Re: Last of the foggy cow pasture that I'll share :)

Post by LindaShorey » Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:55 pm

St3v3M wrote:If we're choosing I vote for the first, it's that beautiful triad of yellow, pink, and blue that really gets me. The composition only makes it better!

Is this the same morning as the others? I assume later in the morning. Beautiful! S-

Thank you Steve! The first shot (at 7:05 a.m.) was the lone tree with dark orange coloring. Since there were no cows or much else there, I drove a minute or two to the cow pasture shown in the other photos. The one you like here was taken at 7:14 and the one in critique requesting composition feedback (that shows heron on irrigation apparatus) was 7:18. I knew from previous years that this particular type of fog disappears within 15 or 20 minutes after sunrise. With that cow pasture, you can aim directly towards the sun (in late Sept) or a few degrees to the right. A telephoto zoom lens is a must :)
"What's important in a photograph and what isn't." http://photographylife.com/whats-import ... -what-isnt

St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Post by St3v3M » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:02 am

LindaShorey wrote:Thank you Steve! The first shot (at 7:05 a.m.) was the lone tree with dark orange coloring. Since there were no cows or much else there, I drove a minute or two to the cow pasture shown in the other photos. The one you like here was taken at 7:14 and the one in critique requesting composition feedback (that shows heron on irrigation apparatus) was 7:18. I knew from previous years that this particular type of fog disappears within 15 or 20 minutes after sunrise. With that cow pasture, you can aim directly towards the sun (in late Sept) or a few degrees to the right. A telephoto zoom lens is a must :)

Knowing your subject is part of the puzzle and you know it well! Thank you again for sharing these here! S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"