"One day you are a signature, next day you are an autograph." —Billy Wilder

― Scapes ShowcaseOn a night like this, there are no bad photos

User avatar
Matt Quinn
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus
Posts: 2625
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:12 pm
Location: MD in winter: Cape Cod in summer
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images
Contact:

Re: On a night like this, there are no bad photos

Post by Matt Quinn » Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:21 pm

Thanks Steve. Dave (Uuglypher) had suggested that I shoot this clump of grass low so that the stalks break the horizon. My knees still ache. PCB is my magic place. Thanks. Matt
Matt Quinn

"...approach the light as opposed to the subject." Stan Godwin

User avatar
St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Posts: 4328
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:02 am
Location: 35,000 feet
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by St3v3M » Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:35 pm

Matt Quinn wrote:Thanks Steve. Dave (Uuglypher) had suggested that I shoot this clump of grass low so that the stalks break the horizon. My knees still ache. PCB is my magic place. Thanks. Matt

I think it was worth the effort! S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"

User avatar
pop511
Mentoris Dominus
Mentoris Dominus
Posts: 550
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2014 2:29 am
Location: Sydney,Australia
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by pop511 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:41 am

Love these peaceful scenes where you can let your mind go and drift off to serenity.
Please post more.
Well done!!
ed davis

User avatar
davechinn
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus
Posts: 1490
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:01 pm
Location: Ky
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images
Contact:

Post by davechinn » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:30 am

Absolutely Matt, none shown, none seen, great set !!!
Dave
http://www.davechinn.com/

Don’t shoot what it looks like. Shoot what it feels like.
David Alan Harvey

User avatar
Matt Quinn
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus
Posts: 2625
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:12 pm
Location: MD in winter: Cape Cod in summer
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images
Contact:

Post by Matt Quinn » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:43 pm

pop511 wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:41 am
Love these peaceful scenes where you can let your mind go and drift off to serenity.
Please post more.
Well done!!
thanks ed. will do. matt
Matt Quinn

"...approach the light as opposed to the subject." Stan Godwin

User avatar
Matt Quinn
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus
Posts: 2625
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:12 pm
Location: MD in winter: Cape Cod in summer
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images
Contact:

Post by Matt Quinn » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:46 pm

davechinn wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:30 am
Absolutely Matt, none shown, none seen, great set !!!
Dave
Dave , Not sure what this is in reference to. did I post something recently you wanted to comment on? MATT
Matt Quinn

"...approach the light as opposed to the subject." Stan Godwin

User avatar
PietFrancke
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus
Posts: 1411
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:38 pm
Location: WV
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by PietFrancke » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:09 pm

LOL - good stuff Matt, lest the 3rd is ignored... the 3rd for me!

User avatar
Matt Quinn
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus
Posts: 2625
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:12 pm
Location: MD in winter: Cape Cod in summer
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images
Contact:

Post by Matt Quinn » Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:04 am

PietFrancke wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:09 pm
LOL - good stuff Matt, lest the 3rd is ignored... the 3rd for me!
Piet, I am at a loss to understand what is going on. These photos are from a year ago. Why are they showing up how? Matt
Matt Quinn

"...approach the light as opposed to the subject." Stan Godwin

User avatar
PietFrancke
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus
Posts: 1411
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:38 pm
Location: WV
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by PietFrancke » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:50 am

Matt Quinn wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:04 am
PietFrancke wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:09 pm
LOL - good stuff Matt, lest the 3rd is ignored... the 3rd for me!
Piet, I am at a loss to understand what is going on. These photos are from a year ago. Why are they showing up how? Matt
LOL - I think a lot of us use "active" to see what is going on. Ed Davis was looking through old stuff and he made a comment and that threw your work back into the "hot" pile.

User avatar
davechinn
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus
Posts: 1490
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:01 pm
Location: Ky
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images
Contact:

Post by davechinn » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:39 am

Matt Quinn wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:46 pm
davechinn wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:30 am
Absolutely Matt, none shown, none seen, great set !!!
Dave
Dave , Not sure what this is in reference to. did I post something recently you wanted to comment on? MATT

Sorry for any confusion Matt. I was just referring/agreeing to "On a night like this, there are no bad photos", so absolutely in agreement, no bad photos.
None shown: You didn't post any bad photos
None seen: I didn't see any bad photos
Dave
http://www.davechinn.com/

Don’t shoot what it looks like. Shoot what it feels like.
David Alan Harvey

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests