"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." — Thomas Alva Edison

― Scapes Showcasemy favorite

PietFrancke
Mentoris Quartus
Mentoris Quartus
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

my favorite

Post by PietFrancke » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:58 pm

a long time favorite of mine - I liked and was surprised by how it turned out. A very temporary stream running through a flood plain after a heavy rain last year.

stream.jpg

uuglypher
Mentoris Grandis
Mentoris Grandis
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Post by uuglypher » Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:38 pm

I like this too!
Especially the clarity of the water and the refracted details of all over which it flows...except for the minimal area of white, bubbly turbulence. The lighting appears to be of low angle...late day or early...but such that specular reflections are of absolutely no significance. It all lends to an engrossing, intimate mood.
A fascinating image!
Dave

PietFrancke
Mentoris Quartus
Mentoris Quartus

Post by PietFrancke » Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:50 am

uuglypher wrote:I like this too!
Especially the clarity of the water and the refracted details of all over which it flows...except for the minimal area of white, bubbly turbulence. The lighting appears to be of low angle...late day or early...but such that specular reflections are of absolutely no significance. It all lends to an engrossing, intimate mood.
A fascinating image!
Dave

Dave, thank you so very much for your visit and friendship.

Here is an image of mine that a good friend of mine likes. A few years ago we visited Southern Utah and hiked to Angel's Landing in Zion. My son (who has a fear of heights) got scared before we went the final leg and asked me to hang back with him. My daughter went ahead and made it the whole way. This is a shot that I want to do a do-over on - it is on my bucket list. I think it would be a perfect subject for your 3D work (but it might make me go cross-eyed!!).

landing.jpg

minniev
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus

Post by minniev » Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:25 pm

While I like your little stream rivulet and the small story it tells, I have to say you shouldn't have hidden that spectacular image from Zion beneath it - that one deserved its own thread. That is a beauty, with all the delicate detail of the rocks, the layers of formation from that angle (which I remember from my own journey out there), rich colors and tones, deep shadows, great sky with dancing cloud formations. Wow, Piet, you've been holding back on this one!
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

PietFrancke
Mentoris Quartus
Mentoris Quartus

Post by PietFrancke » Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:04 pm

minniev wrote:While I like your little stream rivulet and the small story it tells, I have to say you shouldn't have hidden that spectacular image from Zion beneath it - that one deserved its own thread. That is a beauty, with all the delicate detail of the rocks, the layers of formation from that angle (which I remember from my own journey out there), rich colors and tones, deep shadows, great sky with dancing cloud formations. Wow, Piet, you've been holding back on this one!

Sometimes images are like children - it is hard to have just ONE favorite! LOL -- I hope you are starting to feel Great again!

rmalarz
Mentoris Dominus
Mentoris Dominus
Social Media Opt-In: No

Post by rmalarz » Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:07 am

Piet, I like this one quite a lot. The clarity of the water reveals the myriad of textures of the surface over which it flows. The exposure/processing renders lovely contrasts in color and lighting. The water is in motion and is almost audible.
--Bob
PietFrancke wrote:a long time favorite of mine - I liked and was surprised by how it turned out. A very temporary stream running through a flood plain after a heavy rain last year.

stream.jpg
There is no CTRL-Z in the wet.

St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Post by St3v3M » Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:31 am

PietFrancke wrote:... Here is an image of mine that a good friend of mine likes. A few years ago we visited Southern Utah and hiked to Angel's Landing in Zion. My son (who has a fear of heights) got scared before we went the final leg and asked me to hang back with him. My daughter went ahead and made it the whole way. This is a shot that I want to do a do-over on - it is on my bucket list. I think it would be a perfect subject for your 3D work (but it might make me go cross-eyed!!).

Um, Yah, That One! Beautiful, so beautiful! S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"

davechinn
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus

Post by davechinn » Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:45 pm

PietFrancke wrote:a long time favorite of mine - I liked and was surprised by how it turned out. A very temporary stream running through a flood plain after a heavy rain last year.

stream.jpg

I love the composition and the tone of this image Piet. However, the other image you posted stole the show, IMO !!! Excellent on both accounts.
Dave