“It is better to inspire than direct." —Sheryl Sandberg

Member's ShowcaseCap Clouds over Mount Rainier

The scenery around us is a ready target for our cameras. Point those images here.
- Scenic sights, architectural marvels, tourist landmarks, beaches, cottages, nooks and crannies can all find a home here.
LindaShorey
Mentoris Quartus
Mentoris Quartus
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Cap Clouds over Mount Rainier

Postby LindaShorey » Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:10 pm

Posted by special request :) Pulled from another website; when I re-sized I lost all the exif, OY. Chuck, have you ever noticed that with BeFunky? I often do quick crops or re-sizes when on my Chromebook.

#1 was October 2014 with my bridge camera and I converted to b&w a few months later. No doubt I'd do better now if I had the original files, ha. The other two are from September 2015 with Canon T3i. Nope, didn't keep those originals either :doh:

2015 was a drought year, with very little snowfall, and Miss Rainier was looking particularly dusty and un-pretty by Sept.

For those interested, #1 was shot by Tipsoo Lake/Chinook Pass, SR 410. The other two were west of White Pass on SR 12.

Thanks for viewing!
Attachments
oct2014.jpg
2015.jpg
sep2015.jpg
"What's important in a photograph and what isn't." http://photographylife.com/whats-import ... -what-isnt

PietFrancke
Mentoris Grandis
Mentoris Grandis
Social Media Opt-In: Yes

Re: Cap Clouds over Mount Rainier

Postby PietFrancke » Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:42 pm

this is something to see. WOW - very clear that these mountains create their own weather. Very cool shots Linda

LindaShorey
Mentoris Quartus
Mentoris Quartus

Postby LindaShorey » Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:17 pm

PietFrancke wrote:this is something to see. WOW - very clear that these mountains create their own weather. Very cool shots Linda

Thank you Piet! Of course you can find more spectacular images by Googling, but these are my memories :)
"What's important in a photograph and what isn't." http://photographylife.com/whats-import ... -what-isnt

minniev
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus

Postby minniev » Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:30 pm

LindaShorey wrote:Posted by special request :) Pulled from another website; when I re-sized I lost all the exif, OY. Chuck, have you ever noticed that with BeFunky? I often do quick crops or re-sizes when on my Chromebook.

#1 was October 2014 with my bridge camera and I converted to b&w a few months later. No doubt I'd do better now if I had the original files, ha. The other two are from September 2015 with Canon T3i. Nope, didn't keep those originals either :doh:

2015 was a drought year, with very little snowfall, and Miss Rainier was looking particularly dusty and un-pretty by Sept.

For those interested, #1 was shot by Tipsoo Lake/Chinook Pass, SR 410. The other two were west of White Pass on SR 12.

Thanks for viewing!

Wow! Great cloud formation and of course over an amazing mountain.It looks great to me, I'm always so jealous of your beautiful surroundings and those magnificent clouds. The monochrome really brings out the cloud so nicely.
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

LindaShorey
Mentoris Quartus
Mentoris Quartus

Postby LindaShorey » Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:36 pm

minniev wrote:Wow! Great cloud formation and of course over an amazing mountain.It looks great to me, I'm always so jealous of your beautiful surroundings and those magnificent clouds. The monochrome really brings out the cloud so nicely.

Thanks Minnie! It's just right time/right place and if you look at the camera-left side of #1, it was already starting to break up when I took the pic. Fortunately, I do enjoy right time/right place :)

Charles Haacker
Mentoris Tertius
Mentoris Tertius
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Postby Charles Haacker » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:44 pm

Wow! Wow wow! And a couple more Wows. All three are amazing. I think I have a slight preference for #3 owing to its perfection. It looks as though someone took a stacked pair of dinner plates, flipped them upside down, and balanced them on the peak, just for fun. VERY impressive shots!

I confess that I have hardly ever used BeFunky. I just wait 'til I get home. I just don't feel that I can do what I want to do on the relatively small screen of a Chromebook, even though I have a 14" so I have not noticed a loss of EXIF data, but that sure would be annoying!
Friends call me Chuck. :photo: This link takes you to my Flickr albums. Please click on any album to scroll through it.
(I prefer to present pictures in albums because I can put them in specific order.)

All the great photographers use cameras! No, really. :|

LindaShorey
Mentoris Quartus
Mentoris Quartus

Postby LindaShorey » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:29 am

Charles Haacker wrote:Wow! Wow wow! And a couple more Wows. All three are amazing. I think I have a slight preference for #3 owing to its perfection. It looks as though someone took a stacked pair of dinner plates, flipped them upside down, and balanced them on the peak, just for fun. VERY impressive shots!

I confess that I have hardly ever used BeFunky. I just wait 'til I get home. I just don't feel that I can do what I want to do on the relatively small screen of a Chromebook, even though I have a 14" so I have not noticed a loss of EXIF data, but that sure would be annoying!

I'm so glad you enjoyed, Chuck! #3 is from a viewpoint about 10 minutes further west than #2. I was disappointed that they had let the trees grow up to where they were obscuring the mountain in many places, hence my close crop of just the left edge :)

All my online "business" is done on my Chromebook, so I might do a quick crop, or a horizontal flip, or minimal exposure adjustment when offering feedback to others. Of course those instances don't require keeping the exif. I knew these were too large for pM, which is why I re-sized on BeFunky. Maybe there's a setting I can change to retain.

rmalarz
Mentoris Centurion
Mentoris Centurion
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Postby rmalarz » Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:29 pm

Linda, these are fantastic photos.
--Bob
LindaShorey wrote:Posted by special request :) Pulled from another website; when I re-sized I lost all the exif, OY. Chuck, have you ever noticed that with BeFunky? I often do quick crops or re-sizes when on my Chromebook.

Thanks for viewing!
There is no CTRL-Z in the wet.

LindaShorey
Mentoris Quartus
Mentoris Quartus

Postby LindaShorey » Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:40 pm

rmalarz wrote:Linda, these are fantastic photos.
--Bob
Right time, right place - thank you very much, Bob. Glad you enjoyed.

St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Postby St3v3M » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:54 pm

The first is amazing! Mount Rainier is amazing and you've shown her in all her glory! I love this and want to explore it even more! S-
- Cap clouds
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"

Return to “Landscapes & Scenics”