Member's ShowcaseVolcanoes Everywhere

The scenery around us is a ready target for our cameras. Point those images here.
- Scenic sights, architectural marvels, tourist landmarks, beaches, cottages, nooks and crannies can all find a home here.
LindaShorey
Mentoris Centurion
Mentoris Centurion
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Volcanoes Everywhere

Postby LindaShorey » Fri May 19, 2017 1:09 am

Like shooting fish in a barrel, lol.

Leaving the back of the beyond (Bickleton, WA, see my posting in the bird section), I drove west to Glendale, Washington. I'd never been on that road and the views were spectacular! Mt Hood (in Oregon) is the pointy one; Mt Adams is the other. Quite a different view of Mt Adams than the flat valley of agriculture closer to where I live in Yakima.

Thanks for looking!
Attachments
1 P5180132 crop.jpg
1 P5180076.jpg
1 P1020966.jpg
"What's important in a photograph and what isn't." http://photographylife.com/whats-import ... -what-isnt

minniev
Mentoris Dux
Mentoris Dux
Social Media Opt-In: Yes

Re: Volcanoes Everywhere

Postby minniev » Fri May 19, 2017 2:15 am

You are blessed with having such beautiful peaks so close by. That little farm in the last one is very nice. I could spend a lot of time right there with those buildings in front of that mountain.
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Editing option: Yes, you can edit but ask me first

Postby St3v3M » Fri May 19, 2017 6:20 am

LindaShorey wrote:Like shooting fish in a barrel, lol.

Leaving the back of the beyond (Bickleton, WA, see my posting in the bird section), I drove west to Glendale, Washington. I'd never been on that road and the views were spectacular! Mt Hood (in Oregon) is the pointy one; Mt Adams is the other. Quite a different view of Mt Adams than the flat valley of agriculture closer to where I live in Yakima.

Thanks for looking!

You really bagged the first with that amazing leading line and that dead tree in the second is everything. I could camp out at the third and would love to see it in the morning light. Amazing but I'm curious if you can get any closer or is this a private farm? So beautiful!

Wow, you live in an amazing part of the country with some really beautiful mountains! Thank you for sharing these! S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"

LindaShorey
Mentoris Centurion
Mentoris Centurion

Postby LindaShorey » Fri May 19, 2017 12:42 pm

Thanks so much, Minnie and Steve. Steve, #3 is a middle view (I have closer via zoom lens + wider). I was pulled over at the end of their gravel driveway, beside the public road. I wonder if they get lots of strangers asking to poke around the property :)
"What's important in a photograph and what isn't." http://photographylife.com/whats-import ... -what-isnt

St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Editing option: Yes, you can edit but ask me first

Postby St3v3M » Fri May 19, 2017 2:04 pm

LindaShorey wrote:Thanks so much, Minnie and Steve. Steve, #3 is a middle view (I have closer via zoom lens + wider). I was pulled over at the end of their gravel driveway, beside the public road. I wonder if they get lots of strangers asking to poke around the property :)

A short story for you. I pulled over once to take a photo of a grain silo and had a car pull up on me. The man leaned over and in an aggressive voice asked if what I was doing and why I was there. I explained I was on my way to a job but thought it was a beautiful image. The man got out of his car and without a word walked right over to me. I expected the worse, but the man stopped took a look and asked if I wanted a closer view. He went on to say he didn't live there, but knew the owners and was happy to give me a tour. I guess you never know until you 'ask!' S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"

Charles Haacker
Mentoris Dux
Mentoris Dux
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Postby Charles Haacker » Fri May 19, 2017 3:00 pm

Magnificent Mammoth Mountains! So great you had such a see-forever clear day. I especially like #2 with its foreground "witch tree."
Friends call me Chuck. :photo: This link takes you to my Flickr albums. Please click on any album to scroll through it.
(I prefer to present pictures in albums.)

LindaShorey
Mentoris Centurion
Mentoris Centurion

Postby LindaShorey » Fri May 19, 2017 3:16 pm

Charles Haacker wrote:Magnificent Mammoth Mountains! So great you had such a see-forever clear day. I especially like #2 with its foreground "witch tree."

Thank you, Chuck! I'm contemplating another visit tomorrow - before the lupines fade and the heat arrives (which is in just a couple more days), but I wouldn't want to travel the "long" way so it means all the volcanoes would be behind me - lol.

LindaShorey
Mentoris Centurion
Mentoris Centurion

Postby LindaShorey » Fri May 19, 2017 3:17 pm

St3v3M wrote:
LindaShorey wrote:Thanks so much, Minnie and Steve. Steve, #3 is a middle view (I have closer via zoom lens + wider). I was pulled over at the end of their gravel driveway, beside the public road. I wonder if they get lots of strangers asking to poke around the property :)

A short story for you. I pulled over once to take a photo of a grain silo and had a car pull up on me. The man leaned over and in an aggressive voice asked if what I was doing and why I was there. I explained I was on my way to a job but thought it was a beautiful image. The man got out of his car and without a word walked right over to me. I expected the worse, but the man stopped took a look and asked if I wanted a closer view. He went on to say he didn't live there, but knew the owners and was happy to give me a tour. I guess you never know until you 'ask!' S-

True dat! Thanks Steve :)

Didereaux
Mentoris Sextus
Mentoris Sextus

Postby Didereaux » Fri May 19, 2017 3:27 pm

Charles Haacker wrote:Magnificent Mammoth Mountains! So great you had such a see-forever clear day. I especially like #2 with its foreground "witch tree."

lol Funny you should mention 'witch tree' in connection with Mt Hood. Just 40 or so miles south of there is the Hoodoo ski area. ;) ...and of course Disney's Witch Mt s in the Cascades!
There are no banal subjects in photography, but an infinite number of banal ways to illustrate them.

Return to “Landscapes & Scenics”