Member's ShowcaseVolcanoes Everywhere

The scenery around us is a ready target for our cameras. Point those images here.
- Scenic sights, architectural marvels, tourist landmarks, beaches, cottages, nooks and crannies can all find a home here.
LindaShorey
Mentoris Tribunus
Mentoris Tribunus
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Volcanoes Everywhere

Postby LindaShorey » Fri May 19, 2017 1:09 am

Like shooting fish in a barrel, lol.

Leaving the back of the beyond (Bickleton, WA, see my posting in the bird section), I drove west to Glendale, Washington. I'd never been on that road and the views were spectacular! Mt Hood (in Oregon) is the pointy one; Mt Adams is the other. Quite a different view of Mt Adams than the flat valley of agriculture closer to where I live in Yakima.

Thanks for looking!
Attachments
1 P5180132 crop.jpg
1 P5180076.jpg
1 P1020966.jpg
"What's important in a photograph and what isn't." http://photographylife.com/whats-import ... -what-isnt

minniev
Mentoris Dominus
Mentoris Dominus
Social Media Opt-In: Yes

Re: Volcanoes Everywhere

Postby minniev » Fri May 19, 2017 2:15 am

You are blessed with having such beautiful peaks so close by. That little farm in the last one is very nice. I could spend a lot of time right there with those buildings in front of that mountain.
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Postby St3v3M » Fri May 19, 2017 6:20 am

LindaShorey wrote:Like shooting fish in a barrel, lol.

Leaving the back of the beyond (Bickleton, WA, see my posting in the bird section), I drove west to Glendale, Washington. I'd never been on that road and the views were spectacular! Mt Hood (in Oregon) is the pointy one; Mt Adams is the other. Quite a different view of Mt Adams than the flat valley of agriculture closer to where I live in Yakima.

Thanks for looking!

You really bagged the first with that amazing leading line and that dead tree in the second is everything. I could camp out at the third and would love to see it in the morning light. Amazing but I'm curious if you can get any closer or is this a private farm? So beautiful!

Wow, you live in an amazing part of the country with some really beautiful mountains! Thank you for sharing these! S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"

LindaShorey
Mentoris Tribunus
Mentoris Tribunus

Postby LindaShorey » Fri May 19, 2017 12:42 pm

Thanks so much, Minnie and Steve. Steve, #3 is a middle view (I have closer via zoom lens + wider). I was pulled over at the end of their gravel driveway, beside the public road. I wonder if they get lots of strangers asking to poke around the property :)
"What's important in a photograph and what isn't." http://photographylife.com/whats-import ... -what-isnt

St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Postby St3v3M » Fri May 19, 2017 2:04 pm

LindaShorey wrote:Thanks so much, Minnie and Steve. Steve, #3 is a middle view (I have closer via zoom lens + wider). I was pulled over at the end of their gravel driveway, beside the public road. I wonder if they get lots of strangers asking to poke around the property :)

A short story for you. I pulled over once to take a photo of a grain silo and had a car pull up on me. The man leaned over and in an aggressive voice asked if what I was doing and why I was there. I explained I was on my way to a job but thought it was a beautiful image. The man got out of his car and without a word walked right over to me. I expected the worse, but the man stopped took a look and asked if I wanted a closer view. He went on to say he didn't live there, but knew the owners and was happy to give me a tour. I guess you never know until you 'ask!' S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"

Charles Haacker
Mentoris Dominus
Mentoris Dominus
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Postby Charles Haacker » Fri May 19, 2017 3:00 pm

Magnificent Mammoth Mountains! So great you had such a see-forever clear day. I especially like #2 with its foreground "witch tree."
Friends call me Chuck. :photo: This link takes you to my Flickr albums. Please click on any album to scroll through it.
(I prefer to present pictures in albums because I can put them in specific order.)

All the great photographers use cameras! No, really. :|

LindaShorey
Mentoris Tribunus
Mentoris Tribunus

Postby LindaShorey » Fri May 19, 2017 3:16 pm

Charles Haacker wrote:Magnificent Mammoth Mountains! So great you had such a see-forever clear day. I especially like #2 with its foreground "witch tree."

Thank you, Chuck! I'm contemplating another visit tomorrow - before the lupines fade and the heat arrives (which is in just a couple more days), but I wouldn't want to travel the "long" way so it means all the volcanoes would be behind me - lol.

LindaShorey
Mentoris Tribunus
Mentoris Tribunus

Postby LindaShorey » Fri May 19, 2017 3:17 pm

St3v3M wrote:
LindaShorey wrote:Thanks so much, Minnie and Steve. Steve, #3 is a middle view (I have closer via zoom lens + wider). I was pulled over at the end of their gravel driveway, beside the public road. I wonder if they get lots of strangers asking to poke around the property :)

A short story for you. I pulled over once to take a photo of a grain silo and had a car pull up on me. The man leaned over and in an aggressive voice asked if what I was doing and why I was there. I explained I was on my way to a job but thought it was a beautiful image. The man got out of his car and without a word walked right over to me. I expected the worse, but the man stopped took a look and asked if I wanted a closer view. He went on to say he didn't live there, but knew the owners and was happy to give me a tour. I guess you never know until you 'ask!' S-

True dat! Thanks Steve :)

Didereaux
Mentoris Sextus
Mentoris Sextus

Postby Didereaux » Fri May 19, 2017 3:27 pm

Charles Haacker wrote:Magnificent Mammoth Mountains! So great you had such a see-forever clear day. I especially like #2 with its foreground "witch tree."

lol Funny you should mention 'witch tree' in connection with Mt Hood. Just 40 or so miles south of there is the Hoodoo ski area. ;) ...and of course Disney's Witch Mt s in the Cascades!
There are no banal subjects in photography, but an infinite number of banal ways to illustrate them.

Return to “Landscapes & Scenics”