"The most difficult thing is the decision to act. The rest is merely tenacity." —Amelia Earhart

Member's ShowcaseLast of the foggy cow pasture that I'll share :)

The scenery around us is a ready target for our cameras. Point those images here.
- Scenic sights, architectural marvels, tourist landmarks, beaches, cottages, nooks and crannies can all find a home here.
LindaShorey
Mentoris Quintus
Mentoris Quintus
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Last of the foggy cow pasture that I'll share :)

Postby LindaShorey » Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:24 pm

A more gentle processing that hopefully gives you an idea of the variety of colors resulting from direct sun, shade, thin and thick fog - some sharply edged, some barely there. A fascinating place to be during the five or ten minutes this occurs!
Attachments
1 P9270082 diff dng crop adj.jpg
1 P9270082 diff dng crop adj.jpg (256.04 KiB) Viewed 81 times
1 P9270056 diff dng sl crop.jpg
1 P9270056 diff dng sl crop.jpg (254.13 KiB) Viewed 81 times
"What's important in a photograph and what isn't." http://photographylife.com/whats-import ... -what-isnt

Psjunkie
Mentoris Dominus
Mentoris Dominus

Re: Last of the foggy cow pasture that I'll subject you to :)

Postby Psjunkie » Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:42 pm

Both enjoyable images Linda with the first winning out for me, maybe because of more contrast and wider color pallet.

LindaShorey
Mentoris Quintus
Mentoris Quintus

Re: Last of the foggy cow pasture that I'll subject you to :)

Postby LindaShorey » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:39 pm

Psjunkie wrote:Both enjoyable images Linda with the first winning out for me, maybe because of more contrast and wider color pallet.

Thanks so much for taking the time to describe your preference, Frank. Always helpful and interesting to know the why. I try to do same but sometimes can't connect that part of the brain :)
"What's important in a photograph and what isn't." http://photographylife.com/whats-import ... -what-isnt

davechinn
Mentoris Dominus
Mentoris Dominus
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Re: Last of the foggy cow pasture that I'll share :)

Postby davechinn » Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:31 pm

Both images are a pleasure to view, Linda. Both would be excellent choices for B&W, IMO !!! Fog always gives off a dramatic scene, very nice captures indeed.
Dave

LindaShorey
Mentoris Quintus
Mentoris Quintus

Postby LindaShorey » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:26 pm

davechinn wrote:Both images are a pleasure to view, Linda. Both would be excellent choices for B&W, IMO !!! Fog always gives off a dramatic scene, very nice captures indeed.
Dave

So glad you enjoyed, Dave. I have only attempted one b&w conversion of this series, so far, as the color choices are still enthralling me, lol. But I will put your suggestion on my to-do list. Thank you!

Charles Haacker
Mentoris Quartus
Mentoris Quartus

Postby Charles Haacker » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:33 am

I really love that first one, and for the reasons Frank mentioned. I like the second, but possibly because of its overall dun color, if I didn't know it was fog I might mistake it for dust. The first there is no question it's fog; the second it could be something else, and I think it's the uniformity of a kind of dusty color.
Friends call me Chuck. :photo: This link takes you to my Flickr albums. Please click on any album to scroll through it.
(I prefer to present pictures in albums because I can put them in specific order.)

All the great photographers use cameras! No, really. :|

LindaShorey
Mentoris Quintus
Mentoris Quintus

Postby LindaShorey » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:50 pm

Charles Haacker wrote:I really love that first one, and for the reasons Frank mentioned. I like the second, but possibly because of its overall dun color, if I didn't know it was fog I might mistake it for dust. The first there is no question it's fog; the second it could be something else, and I think it's the uniformity of a kind of dusty color.

Thank you, Chuck! Great point about #2 looking similar to dust. And that makes me think "smoke" too - ha, don't need that back after the summer we had! I appreciate your time very much.

Duck
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Postby Duck » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:37 pm

I love the layered effect the fog gives to the landscape. #1 is my favorite. that solitary heffer in the forefront really sets the scene for me. I definitely appreciate the colors running through this.

The second one, for some reason, doesn't hold the same impact for me. I'm not entirely sure why since it too is a strong quality image. Chalk it up to subjective preference I suppose.

Nicely captured.
"If you didn't learn something new today, you wasted a day."
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

LindaShorey
Mentoris Quintus
Mentoris Quintus

Postby LindaShorey » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:06 pm

Duck wrote:I love the layered effect the fog gives to the landscape. #1 is my favorite. that solitary heffer in the forefront really sets the scene for me. I definitely appreciate the colors running through this.

The second one, for some reason, doesn't hold the same impact for me. I'm not entirely sure why since it too is a strong quality image. Chalk it up to subjective preference I suppose.

Nicely captured.

Thanks very much for your interest and comments, Duck!

St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Postby St3v3M » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:13 am

If we're choosing I vote for the first, it's that beautiful triad of yellow, pink, and blue that really gets me. The composition only makes it better!

Is this the same morning as the others? I assume later in the morning. Beautiful! S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"

Return to “Landscapes & Scenics”