"Black and white are the colors of photography. To me they symbolize the alternatives of hope and despair to which mankind is forever subjected." —Robert Frank

Member's ShowcaseSnake River Storm Clouds

The scenery around us is a ready target for our cameras. Point those images here.
- Scenic sights, architectural marvels, tourist landmarks, beaches, cottages, nooks and crannies can all find a home here.
WingShooter
Mentoris Validus
Mentoris Validus
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, you can edit but ask me first

Snake River Storm Clouds

Postby WingShooter » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:53 pm

Storm clouds dance across the highest peaks of the Cathedral Range of the Grand Tetons.
Attachments
Storm Clouds Snake River.jpg

Charles Haacker
Mentoris Quintus
Mentoris Quintus
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Re: Snake River Storm Clouds

Postby Charles Haacker » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:19 pm

Stunningly gorgeous! My late wife was a Wyoming girl. We've been inside the park a couple of times, and also on the "back" side coming from Idaho, but we've never been to this overlook. Is the overlook inside the park boundary? And did you split-tone this? It appears very monochrome but I discern some deep, dark green in the trees. Wow. Wotta shot. You had to be freezing. :S
Friends call me Chuck. :photo: This link takes you to my Flickr albums. Please click on any album to scroll through it.
(I prefer to present pictures in albums because I can put them in specific order.)

All the great photographers use cameras! No, really. :|

WingShooter
Mentoris Validus
Mentoris Validus

Postby WingShooter » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:36 pm

Thanks Chuck, It is a overlook on the main highway US191 and it is called the "Snake River Overlook". I use light room in the HSL adjustment and I take the Blue saturation slider to the minus side. It was not that cold maybe 50s. I noticed the Wyoming girls are special type of woman tuff but amazing like the Tetons.

Charles Haacker wrote:Stunningly gorgeous! My late wife was a Wyoming girl. We've been inside the park a couple of times, and also on the "back" side coming from Idaho, but we've never been to this overlook. Is the overlook inside the park boundary? And did you split-tone this? It appears very monochrome but I discern some deep, dark green in the trees. Wow. Wotta shot. You had to be freezing. :S

St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Postby St3v3M » Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:04 am

WingShooter wrote:Storm clouds dance across the highest peaks of the Cathedral Range of the Grand Tetons.

I like it and I don't, but understand that's a good thing for any art that makes me think makes me look again and that's what we really want isn't it?

Well done and thank you for sharing this with us. It's another place added to the list! S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"

St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Postby St3v3M » Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:04 am

WingShooter wrote:Storm clouds dance across the highest peaks of the Cathedral Range of the Grand Tetons.

I like it and I don't, but understand that's a good thing for any art that makes me think makes me look again and that's what we really want isn't it?

It's an amazing sky and a wonderful catch! Thank you for sharing this with us. It's another place added to the list! S-

WingShooter
Mentoris Validus
Mentoris Validus

Postby WingShooter » Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:42 pm

I understand and I only had the stormy weather to work with on 90% of my trip to Yellowstone and the Tetons. I was there 10 days and one 3 day period I never saw the Tetons with snow falling everyday.

St3v3M wrote:

It's an amazing sky and a wonderful catch! Thank you for sharing this with us. It's another place added to the list! S-

St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Postby St3v3M » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:34 pm

WingShooter wrote:I understand and I only had the stormy weather to work with on 90% of my trip to Yellowstone and the Tetons. I was there 10 days and one 3 day period I never saw the Tetons with snow falling everyday.

I'm jealous! S-

PietFrancke
Mentoris Alumnus
Mentoris Alumnus

Postby PietFrancke » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:39 pm

St3v3M wrote:
WingShooter wrote:I understand and I only had the stormy weather to work with on 90% of my trip to Yellowstone and the Tetons. I was there 10 days and one 3 day period I never saw the Tetons with snow falling everyday.

I'm jealous! S-

yep, me too -- he had perfect weather!

Return to “Landscapes & Scenics”