Member's ShowcaseSnake River Storm Clouds

The scenery around us is a ready target for our cameras. Point those images here.
- Scenic sights, architectural marvels, tourist landmarks, beaches, cottages, nooks and crannies can all find a home here.
WingShooter
Mentoris Initio
Mentoris Initio
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, you can edit but ask me first

Snake River Storm Clouds

Postby WingShooter » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:53 pm

Storm clouds dance across the highest peaks of the Cathedral Range of the Grand Tetons.
Attachments
Storm Clouds Snake River.jpg

Charles Haacker
Mentoris Dominus
Mentoris Dominus
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Re: Snake River Storm Clouds

Postby Charles Haacker » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:19 pm

Stunningly gorgeous! My late wife was a Wyoming girl. We've been inside the park a couple of times, and also on the "back" side coming from Idaho, but we've never been to this overlook. Is the overlook inside the park boundary? And did you split-tone this? It appears very monochrome but I discern some deep, dark green in the trees. Wow. Wotta shot. You had to be freezing. :S
Friends call me Chuck. :photo: This link takes you to my Flickr albums. Please click on any album to scroll through it.
(I prefer to present pictures in albums because I can put them in specific order.)

All the great photographers use cameras! No, really. :|

WingShooter
Mentoris Initio
Mentoris Initio
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, you can edit but ask me first

Re: Snake River Storm Clouds

Postby WingShooter » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:36 pm

Thanks Chuck, It is a overlook on the main highway US191 and it is called the "Snake River Overlook". I use light room in the HSL adjustment and I take the Blue saturation slider to the minus side. It was not that cold maybe 50s. I noticed the Wyoming girls are special type of woman tuff but amazing like the Tetons.

Charles Haacker wrote:Stunningly gorgeous! My late wife was a Wyoming girl. We've been inside the park a couple of times, and also on the "back" side coming from Idaho, but we've never been to this overlook. Is the overlook inside the park boundary? And did you split-tone this? It appears very monochrome but I discern some deep, dark green in the trees. Wow. Wotta shot. You had to be freezing. :S

Return to “Landscapes & Scenics”