Weeds are flowers, too, once you get to know them. — A.A. Milne

Edit My ShotMy Image - Your Look: Self-Portrait

User avatar
St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Posts: 4469
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:02 am
Location: 35,000 feet
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

My Image - Your Look: Self-Portrait

Post by St3v3M » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:16 am

I'm behind the camera for a reason, but recently I decided to try a self-portrait and am curious what you come up with. S-
Attachments
20171126_190547c.jpg
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"

User avatar
Charles Haacker
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus
Posts: 1841
Joined: Mon May 01, 2017 7:20 pm
Location: Lincoln, Nebraska, USA
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images
Contact:

Post by Charles Haacker » Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:34 pm

I may very well take a crack at this later, Steve, but I have to say I think it's a strong, strong selfie as is. I like it! Probably if I play with it I will try to do something about the slightly messy-therefore-distracting top, but I really like that door! It's nice and subdued but makes a swell complimentary background. I like the other portrait I can just see back there over your right shoulder. The color of your shirt works very well with your skin tone and the door. Let us see what everyone does but I wanted to tell you right away that I think it's a solid portrait before doing anything with it. (Y)
Friends call me Chuck. :photo: This link takes you to my Flickr albums. Please click on any album to scroll through it.
(I prefer to present pictures in albums because I can put them in specific order.)

All the great photographers use cameras! No, really. :|

User avatar
St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Posts: 4469
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:02 am
Location: 35,000 feet
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by St3v3M » Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:32 pm

Charles Haacker wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:34 pm
I may very well take a crack at this later, Steve, but I have to say I think it's a strong, strong selfie as is. I like it! Probably if I play with it I will try to do something about the slightly messy-therefore-distracting top, but I really like that door! It's nice and subdued but makes a swell complimentary background. I like the other portrait I can just see back there over your right shoulder. The color of your shirt works very well with your skin tone and the door. Let us see what everyone does but I wanted to tell you right away that I think it's a solid portrait before doing anything with it. (Y)
Good morning Chuck and Happy New Year!

I'm sorry I didn't take it in RAW but a little Lightroom and it was already better. What I really like are the catchlights that mirror created, I wish the background was cleaner too of course, but there's always the magic of post processing! S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"

User avatar
LindaShorey
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus
Posts: 1398
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:50 am
Location: Yakima, WA
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by LindaShorey » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:24 pm

I suspect I have portrayed the opposite of your essence :D
Attachments
edit 20171126_190547c.jpg
edit 20171126_190547c.jpg (147.66 KiB) Viewed 750 times
"What's important in a photograph and what isn't." http://photographylife.com/whats-import ... -what-isnt

User avatar
St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Posts: 4469
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:02 am
Location: 35,000 feet
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by St3v3M » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:26 pm

LindaShorey wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:24 pm
I suspect I have portrayed the opposite of your essence :D
The curious thing would be to decide that after you met me! S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"

User avatar
LindaShorey
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus
Posts: 1398
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:50 am
Location: Yakima, WA
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by LindaShorey » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:27 pm

St3v3M wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:26 pm
LindaShorey wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:24 pm
I suspect I have portrayed the opposite of your essence :D
The curious thing would be to decide that after you met me! S-
:clap:
"What's important in a photograph and what isn't." http://photographylife.com/whats-import ... -what-isnt

CResQ
Mentoris Initio
Mentoris Initio
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:17 pm
Location: Cobble Hill, BC
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images
Contact:

Post by CResQ » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:24 pm

I've placed you on location, the BG is 2 different pictures. I should have spent more time on your hair but it was a quick little exercise, thanks for starting this thread. Looking forward to seeing everyone's work.
Attachments
Interpretation.jpg
Interpretation.jpg (274.49 KiB) Viewed 747 times

User avatar
Charles Haacker
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus
Posts: 1841
Joined: Mon May 01, 2017 7:20 pm
Location: Lincoln, Nebraska, USA
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images
Contact:

Post by Charles Haacker » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:24 pm

Linda! I like yours! Imaginative! Mine is more straightforward? (No imagination.) I said I liked the door but I had waaaaaaaay too much trouble trying to use it as was, so I went and borrowed a door and...

CResQ! Jeepers talk about imagination!

So far there are four with the original. It's fun to open them all in tabs and toggle among them.
Attachments
SteveSelfie.2.jpg
SteveSelfie.2.jpg (268.6 KiB) Viewed 751 times
Friends call me Chuck. :photo: This link takes you to my Flickr albums. Please click on any album to scroll through it.
(I prefer to present pictures in albums because I can put them in specific order.)

All the great photographers use cameras! No, really. :|

User avatar
St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Posts: 4469
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:02 am
Location: 35,000 feet
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by St3v3M » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:45 pm

CResQ wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:24 pm
I've placed you on location, the BG is 2 different pictures. I should have spent more time on your hair but it was a quick little exercise, thanks for starting this thread. Looking forward to seeing everyone's work.
Wow, now I wish I was there! S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"

User avatar
St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Posts: 4469
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:02 am
Location: 35,000 feet
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by St3v3M » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:47 pm

Charles Haacker wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:24 pm
Linda! I like yours! Imaginative! Mine is more straightforward? (No imagination.) I said I liked the door but I had waaaaaaaay too much trouble trying to use it as was, so I went and borrowed a door and...

CResQ! Jeepers talk about imagination!

So far there are four with the original. It's fun to open them all in tabs and toggle among them.
Love the door and everything about this.

On an off note, this is the only image I like of myself so it's really fun to see what everyone's doing with it! S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests