“It is better to inspire than direct." —Sheryl Sandberg

ChallengesMy Image - Your Look: The Golden Gate

See how others view your image. Posted images can be edited by other members.
- A step beyond the normal method of learning by critique, here you can see side by side comparisons of what your image can become.
St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Re: My Image - Your Look: The Golden Gate

Postby St3v3M » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:16 am

donolea wrote:Hey Steve, Minnie told me about your new forum last Friday ... it looks great! I'm still navigating around to get the feel for it. I just saw this post and decided I needed to add my version of the Golden Gate. Hope you like ...

Wow, it's been awhile since I thought about this and almost forgot the Google modified. I've added it, but yours is so much better. WOW!

I'll post another Challenge soon! S-
Attachments
20170118_112809-EFFECTS.jpg
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"

St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Postby St3v3M » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:25 am

donolea wrote:... Heck, I don't even think he knows I posted an image here. Haven't heard from him yet.

I was in Yosemite for a week, and even though we're a small group, things really move fast around here! S-

Bob Yankle
Mentoris Inceptor
Mentoris Inceptor
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: Yes, you can edit but ask me first

Postby Bob Yankle » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:46 pm

I've been to San Francisco a number of times and remember the fog banks covering most of the water and shorelines while the towers were high enough they shone through. I attempted to recreate that effect but admit that I fell short of what my memory pictured.
Attachments
St3V3n_GoldenGateChallenge_Edited.jpg
St3V3n_GoldenGateChallenge_Edited.jpg (136.37 KiB) Viewed 82 times
Last edited by Bob Yankle on Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:50 pm, edited 5 times in total.

St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Postby St3v3M » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:51 pm

Bob Yankle wrote:I've been to San Francisco a number of times and remember the fog banks covering most of the banks while the towers were high enough they shone through. I attempted to recreate that effect but admit that I fell short of what my memory pictured.

I'm encouraged the My Image - Your Look idea might catch on and will add another soon!

I'm curious too, is adding fog something fairly easy to do or is this pretty much a Photoshop process? If you could explain it might help others! S-

Bob Yankle
Mentoris Inceptor
Mentoris Inceptor
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: Yes, you can edit but ask me first

Postby Bob Yankle » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:52 pm

St3v3M wrote:
Bob Yankle wrote:I've been to San Francisco a number of times and remember the fog banks covering most of the banks while the towers were high enough they shone through. I attempted to recreate that effect but admit that I fell short of what my memory pictured.

I'm encouraged the My Image - Your Look idea might catch on and will add another soon!

I'm curious too, is adding fog something fairly easy to do or is this pretty much a Photoshop process? If you could explain it might help others! S-
NIk Color Efex Pro has a preset called [Graduated Fog] which gives the rudiments for applying the fog, setting its opacity, and playing with the blending options. In addition, I had already created a second layer to apply the fog, then created a mask where I removed even more of the fog from the upper portion of the bridge so that the towers were not covered up at all

St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Postby St3v3M » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:56 pm

Bob Yankle wrote:NIk Color Efex Pro has a preset called [Graduated Fog] which gives the rudiments for applying the fog, setting its opacity, and playing with the blending options. In addition, I had already created a second layer to apply the fog, then created a mask where I removed even more of the fog from the upper portion of the bridge so that the towers were not covered up at all

I've recently discovered the Google Nik Collection and am having fun working on it so I really appreciate this and that it's easier than I thought!

Thank you so much for all the help, and the wonderful rendition! It works well in San Francisco and as an image as a whole! S-

Return to “Edit My Shot”