Welcome new members. If you have been recently invited to join our forum, welcome.
Please take a few minutes to introduce yourself at The Meeting / Room General Discussions / Introduce yourself
“Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.” ― Pablo Picasso

Edit My ShotHelp Me Figure Out Something To Do With This

PietFrancke
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Re: Help Me Figure Out Something To Do With This

Post by PietFrancke » Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:29 pm

minniev wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:20 pm
PietFrancke wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:10 pm
minniev wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:33 pm

That’s part of my problem. They look like a crowded harbor of ugly boats.

There was nothing there in real life other than our rental car which would not have worked well either. A giant fox... y’all keep thinking. Or playing, even better..
you need Frank's beach girl sitting in the middle playing with them.
And a giant fox drinking out of the far side...wearing a collar.

I have a fox drinking, but I do not have any pictures of little girls. I don't know any of those.
little boy would work too - LOL, how large/small are those boats? I think we automatically see them at full size, since they seem to be at the same scale as each other, and bushes automatically become large trees to the mind... giant fox would work - like you say, something drinking water. Could be any animal.

minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus

Post by minniev » Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:41 pm

PietFrancke wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:29 pm
minniev wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:20 pm
PietFrancke wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:10 pm

you need Frank's beach girl sitting in the middle playing with them.
And a giant fox drinking out of the far side...wearing a collar.

I have a fox drinking, but I do not have any pictures of little girls. I don't know any of those.
little boy would work too - LOL, how large/small are those boats? I think we automatically see them at full size, since they seem to be at the same scale as each other, and bushes automatically become large trees to the mind... giant fox would work - like you say, something drinking water. Could be any animal.
The boats looked like they were about 8-10 inches high but we couldn't get all the way to them for that thicket of grasses. This was in an area of the Avalon near the water where the landscape is pretty flat. The pool was probably a salt marsh.
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

PietFrancke
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus

Post by PietFrancke » Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:33 pm

WOW, that sounds so cool... The image fooled my eye completely into thinking it was a full sized very strange crowded little harbor.

Charles Haacker
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Post by Charles Haacker » Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:22 pm

I wonder if you are all overthinking it. I saw what it was at a glance, but I am an old boat guy. I saw the eclectic mix of vessels right away and knew I was seeing models. I am mostly on my little 15-inch Chromebook so it's pretty small on the screen, but a 3-masted Chinese Junk anchored close aboard a sternwheel river steamer is a dead giveaway: either it's models or some other strangeness is happening in this odd little marina.

I cannot imagine what I would do differently. IQ-wise there is not one single thing wrong with it. The composition is perfect, the opening in the shrubbery leads us right into the anchorage to study the vessels and the whole layout, kind of a model RR layout only boats. It's sharp, colorful, perfectly finished, a to-die-for sky :yay: ... What's not to like?
Friends call me Chuck. :photo: This link takes you to my Flickr albums. Please click on any album to scroll through it.
(I prefer to present pictures in albums because I can put them in specific order.)

All the great photographers use cameras! No, really. :|

minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus

Post by minniev » Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:19 pm

Charles Haacker wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:22 pm
I wonder if you are all overthinking it. I saw what it was at a glance, but I am an old boat guy. I saw the eclectic mix of vessels right away and knew I was seeing models. I am mostly on my little 15-inch Chromebook so it's pretty small on the screen, but a 3-masted Chinese Junk anchored close aboard a sternwheel river steamer is a dead giveaway: either it's models or some other strangeness is happening in this odd little marina.

I cannot imagine what I would do differently. IQ-wise there is not one single thing wrong with it. The composition is perfect, the opening in the shrubbery leads us right into the anchorage to study the vessels and the whole layout, kind of a model RR layout only boats. It's sharp, colorful, perfectly finished, a to-die-for sky :yay: ... What's not to like?
I’m prone to overthink! I wasn’t unhappy with a straight documentary version but I was a bit greedy got more. It was one of the quirkiest scenes I’ve run across. And ya, that Chinese junk kinda gives it away :D

davechinn
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Post by davechinn » Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:34 pm

Ya'll throwing suggestions and ideas out there encouraged me to try this. There are all kinds of possibilities, but sometimes we are guilty of a brain fart. :wall:
Attachments
#2 minnie boatz (1 of 1).jpg
https://www.davechinn.com/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/35722922@N02/albums

Don’t shoot what it looks like. Shoot what it feels like.
David Alan Harvey

minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus

Post by minniev » Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:56 pm

davechinn wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:34 pm
Ya'll throwing suggestions and ideas out there encouraged me to try this. There are all kinds of possibilities, but sometimes we are guilty of a brain fart. :wall:
That's just great Dave! I love it when someone makes something cool out of my photos! Thank you for accepting the challenge! I hope to try something with the fox and the child this week, if I can find time between all my complicated packing maneuvers.