"Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can." —Arthur Ashe

People CritiqueThe One Above Sees All

Images containing people; portraits, family, lifestyle, street, photojournalism, sports, weddings
Graham Smith
Mentoris Peritus
Mentoris Peritus
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

The One Above Sees All

Postby Graham Smith » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:14 pm

Taken from the roof of my hotel in Delhi.

I didn't have a view of the Red Fort or Humayun's Tomb but I could see life in India which is of far more interest to me.
_DSC1724-b.jpg

C&C most welcome.
Graham

Duck
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Social Media Opt-In: Yes

Re: The One Above Sees All

Postby Duck » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:50 am

The scene is rather typical and, I dare say, wouldn't garner much attention except that we are being shown a unique perspective. The view is so attention grabbing that I found myself studying the scene for quite some time. I particularly love how the bright colors in the center pull the view in.

Another great shot. :win:
"If you didn't learn something new today, you wasted a day."
Image ImageImageImageImageImage

Matt Quinn
Mentoris Quartus
Mentoris Quartus

Postby Matt Quinn » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:45 am

And the detail is phenomenal. I can almost count the apples or whatever the red fruit is in the wagon. Certainly not a "Visit India" photo from the Chamber of Commerce, but a much richer slice and truer representation of the real life there. Thanks, Graham.
Matt Quinn

"One should really use the camera as though tomorrow you'd be stricken blind." Dorothea Lange

St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Postby St3v3M » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:53 am

Scenes like these are often more interesting in person because there is so much going on it's hard to focus, but with a vantage point like this you get to take it all in, the sites, the smell, the sounds, and the movement, or it all. This is an interesting shot though as the leading lines help us travel through it with ease from one interest to another. The only thing that might have worked better was to be down one floor, but they we would have lost this unique perspective.

This was well taken and has several stories within! S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"

PietFrancke
Mentoris Centurion
Mentoris Centurion

Postby PietFrancke » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:50 pm

I like the triangle surrounding the pole - a wonderful spot for a fruit stand with plenty of motorcycle parking out back. It opens my mind to space and how it is grabbed, allocated, bargained for, stolen, taken, etc. On the one hand it is but a dumping ground for trash that blows like sand on a beach. On the other hand it is a treasure that is fought for like a mouse's carcass by hungry cats. "this corner is Mine"

PietFrancke
Mentoris Centurion
Mentoris Centurion

Postby PietFrancke » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:53 pm

PietFrancke wrote:I like the triangle surrounding the pole - a wonderful spot for a fruit stand with plenty of motorcycle parking out back. It opens my mind to space and how it is grabbed, allocated, bargained for, stolen, taken, etc. On the one hand it is but a dumping ground for trash that blows like sand on a beach. On the other hand it is a treasure that is fought for like a mouse's carcass by hungry cats. "this corner is Mine"

I like how the streets/cars point to "the perfect spot".

Graham Smith
Mentoris Peritus
Mentoris Peritus

Postby Graham Smith » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:45 pm

PietFrancke wrote:I like the triangle surrounding the pole - a wonderful spot for a fruit stand with plenty of motorcycle parking out back. It opens my mind to space and how it is grabbed, allocated, bargained for, stolen, taken, etc. On the one hand it is but a dumping ground for trash that blows like sand on a beach. On the other hand it is a treasure that is fought for like a mouse's carcass by hungry cats. "this corner is Mine"

Thanks Piet, fighting for space is the overriding feeling you get in the Indian cities. It is no place to be if your "like your own space", you are continually in close contact with people. Many westerners find it quite uncomfortable but I find the Indian people are polite and often quite deferential.
Graham

Return to “People Critique”