"The most difficult thing is the decision to act. The rest is merely tenacity." —Amelia Earhart

Critic's CornerImpromptu Street Party

Street and journalistic photography embrace many disciplines. Post candid shots, street portraits, newsworthy editorials or just the raw nature of the human experience
- Images are subject to constructive comment, discussion and critique. If you do not want critique post in the Member's Showcase.
LindaShorey
Mentoris Quintus
Mentoris Quintus
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Re: Impromptu Street Party

Postby LindaShorey » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:38 pm

Charles Haacker wrote:Humans is humans...
I have always felt comfortable in the company of gay men, ever since I realized they were a safe haven, so to speak, from the sexism and uber-machismo I experienced my early years in the navy :|

Graham Smith wrote:Hey! Don't bring politics into this! :rofl:

I'm thinking politics are somewhat unavoidable with "human being" photography, since our responses are based on personal experiences and beliefs, if not prejudice. I've even read a rant by someone offended to see a toddler with pierced ears!
"What's important in a photograph and what isn't." http://photographylife.com/whats-import ... -what-isnt

St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Re: Impromptu Street Party

Postby St3v3M » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:23 am

LindaShorey wrote:The motion blur emphasizes the feeling of this being a "blink and it's lost" moment. There are interesting details to discover, too: the tipped wine glass on the ground, the tiny dog, the plaid bag. I find myself wanting to know more about these young men's lives. ...

I missed the tiny dog the first time and love the way it's looking at the glass. Street as it's best! S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"

Return to “Street & Photojournalism”