The only person you should try to be better than is who you were yesterday. – unknown

― Scapes CritiqueWatery motion and Reflections.

John N
Mentoris Initio
Mentoris Initio
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Watery motion and Reflections.

Post by John N » Sun May 13, 2018 10:02 am

A recent visiting pro. to our club challenged us to find a point between a milky water flow and a millpond reflection to show both movement of water and a reflection. I took this in England's New Forest rather hurriedly, but I'm reasonably pleased with this, one of a series in my first attempt.
It has been viewed on other fora but I'm keen to hear what Photomentorians make of it.

I also showed it at a recent U3A group meeting where it was liked - but our U3A group has a little of the Holiday slideshow feeling to it.
Attachments
Tall Trees Trail Bridge.JPG
Tall Trees Trail Bridge.

Charles Haacker
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Post by Charles Haacker » Mon May 14, 2018 1:55 pm

I think you nailed it, John. There's just enough gentle ripple in the water but the reflection is perfect. I also like the fact that I can see the down tree beneath the surface. The one thing I'd love to see would be a person or couple, center right, leaning on the bridge railing gazing into the water, but I know from long personal experience that unless you bring your own you just have to get beyond lucky. :D
Friends call me Chuck. :photo: This link takes you to my Flickr albums. Please click on any album to scroll through it.
(I prefer to present pictures in albums because I can put them in specific order.)

All the great photographers use cameras! No, really. :|

St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Post by St3v3M » Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:18 am

I love coming across scenes like these, there's something about it that feels relaxing and just makes you want to sit awhile.

Thank you so much for sharing this with us! S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"