"Every moment and every event of every man's life on earth plants something in his soul." —Thomas Merton

― Scapes CritiqueA Make Believe Sunset

minniev
Mentoris Magister
Mentoris Magister
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Re: A Make Believe Sunset

Post by minniev » Wed May 09, 2018 4:35 pm

Charles Haacker wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 3:05 pm
minniev wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 2:59 am
Charles Haacker wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 2:25 am
Magnificent! I am certain that I would not know if you had not told us.

Mike's right: it will get better! Daphne gained nearly 20/20 distance vision but had to wear glasses for closeup. She favored progressives. I have worn line trifocals for as long as I can remember. My right eye is the one with the implant and it has excellent distance vision. Still I wear my glasses even when shooting (I know some folks hate them). I have the diopters on my finders adjusted for the left eye since the right has that little wonky distortion, but keeping the glasses on lets me see the controls, glance at the screen, so on. It doesn't bother me but I recognize that it doesn't work for everyone.
Thanks for the compliment and the encouragement!

We're still experimenting with various contacts for the left eye, hoping for enough balance and correction to avoid glasses at least for stuff like camera controls. I'm on prescription #3 but have one more to try before the next time I go in. I just have weird eyes. If we fail with contacts, there's always glasses yet to explore.
Contacts never occurred to me. I always figured I could never stand to get my fingers that close to me eyes. Daphne did have them for a time but they were the old hard jobs; she got something under one and scratched her cornea. The pain was exquisite, she went back to glasses. I have never felt it was a problem to use a camera wearing glasses, but it's no doubt because I got so used to it. Once cameras started coming with adjustable diopters in the finders I thought briefly I could dispense with the glasses except then I discovered I couldn't see the settings or controls without the near correction so the line trifocals gotta stay on. (N) 8~ I think I am probably very lucky to have the eyes I got. I recall a fellow who had contacts where one was for distance and the other for closeup. Theoretically he would seamlessly shift from eye to eye but that sounds like something that would drive me nuts. Whatever you do I'm pulling for you to get good vision back!
Thanks. We're getting closer to the right combo that will let me see at least large print, (and camera control)s and also drive, with one contact. I will probably still need some readers in my purse for reading small print. But like you , I'm lucky to see as well as I do, considering how wacky my eyes are.
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Post by St3v3M » Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:51 pm

minniev wrote:
Sat May 05, 2018 6:30 pm
For my other 52 project, the subject last week was sunset. Well, I was housebound following the second eye surgery for most of the week, blind in both eyes instead of just one, and by the time I could squint out of my shooting eye there was only one day left and the sky had not a shred of cloud. Not even a buzzard or goose to break up the flat sky. Since it is a PP group I just improvised, and thought I'd share it here as well.

I did not replace the sky but chose one with the same color, and some "mild" cloud structures that more or less matched the air conditions, and blended it in like a texture. Then I threw in some un-birds for balance.
This makes a beautiful pano too! S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"