LindaShorey
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Re: Yakima Dawn

Post by LindaShorey » Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:44 pm

St3v3M wrote:
LindaShorey wrote:I'm not sure, I feel like I'm shooting more from an airplane with your perspective. Don't know why exactly, maybe because there's less to stand on :) Will ponder further. Thank you Steve, and please let me know what you prefer about the crop.

There's nothing wrong with yours but wondered if it would change the mood if we removed the dark area at the bottom. Always experimenting! S-

Did it change the mood for you? I agree with Minnie that if I couldn't keep experimenting I'd toss my camera into the swamp (or maybe under the wheels of a hops harvest truck, lol) but do please finish the thought with what, if anything, the crop did for you. Inquiring minds!
"What's important in a photograph and what isn't." http://photographylife.com/whats-import ... -what-isnt

St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Social Media Opt-In: Yes

Post by St3v3M » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:14 pm

LindaShorey wrote:Did it change the mood for you? I agree with Minnie that if I couldn't keep experimenting I'd toss my camera into the swamp (or maybe under the wheels of a hops harvest truck, lol) but do please finish the thought with what, if anything, the crop did for you. Inquiring minds!

Something about the dark area felt like an anchor and kept dragging me back, but at the same time it gave a sense of place and balanced the light above.

The more I look at the two I see why you shot it the way you did, but I still think it was a good exercise to help me learn to see. Thank you so much! S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"

LindaShorey
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus
Social Media Opt-In: No

Post by LindaShorey » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:57 am

St3v3M wrote:Something about the dark area felt like an anchor and kept dragging me back, but at the same time it gave a sense of place and balanced the light above.

The more I look at the two I see why you shot it the way you did, but I still think it was a good exercise to help me learn to see. Thank you so much! S-

Group hug!! :yay:
"What's important in a photograph and what isn't." http://photographylife.com/whats-import ... -what-isnt