― Scapes CritiqueBlue Hour Swamp

minniev
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Re: Blue Hour Swamp

Post by minniev » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:32 pm

St3v3M wrote:I'm wearing a sweater and I don't think it's enough, burr I feel the cold!

This is presented well and wouldn't be as good without the leaning tree. I love that you can see the falling snow! Wow it looks cold. S-

Agree about the leaning tree. The tree is leaning worse than it was when you and I shot it while everything was still orange. I suspect it will be down soon, but I liked how it worked out here, it was my main compositional element I reckon.
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Post by St3v3M » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:46 pm

Bobby Deal wrote:Yes High Pass is a very useful tool and it is a sharpening too. By changing the layer blend modes you can get a huge range of effects from it. In looking at the post above I can see that the re-compression has really boosted the blue I added, on my system prior to upload it was at about 50% of that density.

I don't have Photoshop so I don't have the high-pass filter and I know you are working with a jpg but I don't like the edit as much as the original. It may be that I've created an attachment with the original but I like the mood it creates, where the edit seems to contrasty and blue. The whites are a bit more white, but at this hour you wouldn't expect this and while I've seen blue snow I've never seen Blue snow. I'm from LA though so what do I know? S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"