“The world is a university and everyone in it is a teacher. Make sure when you wake up in the morning, you go to school.” —T. D. Jakes

― Scapes CritiqueSwamp Child & His Guardians

Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Re: Swamp Child & His Guardians

Post by minniev » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:54 am

Duck wrote:
minniev wrote:I'd sure like your thoughts on how to bring out that contrast a little more. I worked on that very thing quite a bit, (HSL sliders, color adjustments in both LR and PS, color and contrast adjustments stacked with layers/masks, that kind of stuff) but am not sure exactly how to go further with it. Thanks!

Curves adjustment. Can be done in just about any editing program. 1/3 down the curve (lights) pull up just a touch, 1/3 up the curve (shadows) pull down just a touch. You should have a nice small "S" curve. That will boost your overall contrast. Increase saturation in the reds, oranges and yellows to bring out the fall colors and your on the way. ;)

Thanks Duck, I went back and worked a bit more on the curves to see what I might do further with these. it definitely helped the vertical image, which had already had an over-generous dose of color work in the oranges and yellows. The other one seemed to go the other way on me so I left it alone.
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Post by St3v3M » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:38 pm

I like them both, the first as the portrait of a young child and his siblings and the other of the extended family guarding over their young.

I like the processing, and while it's easy to add more contrast do you want to? The impression I get is a foggy morning, why change that?

These are both beautiful and have so many stories to tell! Thank you for posting these here! S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"