"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"

LindaShorey
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Post by LindaShorey » Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:22 pm

St3v3M wrote:I was curious! S-
Well, that's quite fascinating! I dislike it intensely :D The leaning pole takes me right out of the frame. Is that how you see it, too, Steve, or do you like? If you like flipped, share why. Love that you are always thinking! In the meantime, I fixed the overbearing clouds. See below. Thanks much!
Attachments
00 560572-1_p1040749_3a.jpg
"What's important in a photograph and what isn't." http://photographylife.com/whats-import ... -what-isnt

St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Social Media Opt-In: Yes

Post by St3v3M » Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:32 pm

LindaShorey wrote:Well, that's quite fascinating! I dislike it intensely :D The leaning pole takes me right out of the frame. Is that how you see it, too, Steve, or do you like? If you like flipped, share why. Love that you are always thinking! In the meantime, I fixed the overbearing clouds. See below. Thanks much!

I can't explain it, but the image seems brighter, the poles, the dirt, everything, and I don't like it for it. The psychology of left-to-right verses right-to-left is interesting.

Have you thought of making a simple portfolio and presenting these to those who might enjoy them? S-
- Visitor Information Center
- Washington Farm Bureau Agricultural Associations in Washington
- Central Washington Agricultural Museum - Union Gap, WA
- Washington State University Agriculture Department
- Yakima Valley Community College Agriculture Center of Excellence
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"

Charles Haacker
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Post by Charles Haacker » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:43 am

I have all three open in tabs. I don't care much for the third one, probably owing to much preferring the first two, and ultimately the second one. I like the warmth of the low sun. The first and third are much cooler but I like the warmth, appropriate or not. On the other hand, had I only seen the first one I would have loved it because it's a terrific picture, and yes, the cattywampus pole adds much by breaking the symmetry. Your carefully chosen viewpoint has all those repeating elements marching away in rigid ranks and files, except for the crooked pole! Marvelous!

I don't think scale is a problem because I don't think it matters. This could be for tomatoes or beans or something. I know how high they are but I also know how high Adams is and he looks pretty low to the ground back there. :D
Friends call me Chuck. :photo: This link takes you to my Flickr albums. Please click on any album to scroll through it.
(I prefer to present pictures in albums because I can put them in specific order.)

All the great photographers use cameras! No, really. :|

LindaShorey
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus

Post by LindaShorey » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:22 pm

St3v3M wrote:I can't explain it, but the image seems brighter, the poles, the dirt, everything, and I don't like it for it. The psychology of left-to-right verses right-to-left is interesting.

Have you thought of making a simple portfolio and presenting these to those who might enjoy them? S-
Greatly appreciate the suggestions and interest, Steve, but I want to keep my hobby fully a hobby, consisting only of shooting, editing, sharing online and by email, and sometimes printing for my walls :)

Charles Haacker wrote:...Your carefully chosen viewpoint has all those repeating elements marching away in rigid ranks and files, except for the crooked pole! Marvelous! ...
Thanks so much for your time and feedback, Chuck. Greatly appreciated! I do sometimes wish I had the volcano views they see from Goldendale (but not from the wet side, lol).
"What's important in a photograph and what isn't." http://photographylife.com/whats-import ... -what-isnt